40☕

❝It would be so nice to see you tangled in the sheets beside me once again. I miss you❞

Three days soon passed. All that Elliot did in the past three days was cry, punch everything that came into view and cursed himself. He missed Desiree so much, and the worst thing was that it was all his fault that she wasn’t with him.

On the awaited day he couldn’t sleep and he waited and waited for the early hours in the morning when he would finally get in his car and drive to Desiree.

After what felt like eternity in hell the time came so he got in his car and sped off, he made sure to be there earlier that the time Reed gave him so he would be prepared for anything that they could plan.

He arrived at the spot, parked his car and got in the alley that they were supposed to meet at. After a few minutes of nervous pacing he saw the headlights of a car approach the alley which stopped in the entrance, blocking any way of escape.

From the car three men, one of which was Reed got out of the car, followed by Desiree being held by the French man that had captured her from the club.

When Desiree spotted Elliot she tried to escape and scream, but couldn’t since her mouth was taped shut and rope binded her hands together. Seeing Elliot there scared her, they had already hurt her, but she couldn’t take it if they hurt Elliot too.

‘’I’m here and I have the money you asked for. Now let her go.’’ Elliot menacingly said as he showed them the briefcase that held the money.

‘’How are we supposed to trust you, you have betrayed us once already.’’ Reed spoke. To Elliot’s horror the man who was holding Desiree got out a gun from his pocket and placed it to her temple. Desiree started sobbing as she felt the cold metal of the gun against her head, she didn’t want to die. Not like that.

‘’Remove that gun from her! I have all the money here!’’ Elliot told them panicked as he walked up to them and handed Reed the briefcase.

‘’Red check if all the money is there.’’ Reed commanded to one of his guys beside him.

Elliot handed him the briefcase as he patiently waited for the blonde to count all the money. He took this time to look closely at Desiree. She had tears still streaming down her pale face which had some purple bruises and cuts and he noticed that she was wearing only a dirty white blouse with blood stains and her black underwear. Looking at her appearance he realized what she had went through, he had seen it happen to girls before her. Raped, abused, starved.

 In that moment he hated no one more than himself and his dumb choices that he made. He was scared that he  was going to lose her once and for all and was scared of what he would do once that happened.

‘’It’s all here, sir.’’ He told him after a few minutes as he closed the case and walked over to Reed, who had a pleased look on his face.

‘’Good, you can let her go Emile.’’ Reed commanded. As soon as he let go of Desiree she ran to Elliot and ran to him as fast as she could to wrap her arms around him as she sobbed in his neck. She hadn’t thought that she would be in his arms one more time, but now she was more than happy to feel his warmth again and his arms around her.

‘’Forgive me, baby girl. This is all my fault.’’ He cried as he placed a kiss on her head.

‘’Oh Elliot, you got the happily ever after of your fairytale.’’ Reed started with a mocking tone of voice.’’ But not so fast, boys you know what to do.’’ Reed said with a smirk on his face.

At his words his men jumped on Elliot and Desiree as they beat them up until every visible patch of skin was cut or turning purple.

‘’That’s what you get for betraying me, bastard. I hope you liked my little gift for you and well wishes. Let’s go now boys, you made me proud tonight.’’ He told them with a smile as they got in the car and drove away as if nothing had happened.

Elliot tried his best to raise his head from the floor to see where Desiree was. When he saw her lying motionless on the ground, with the dark red blouse on her he let out a yell. He crawled on the ground as best as he could to get to her.

‘’Desiree, Desiree can you hear me baby?’’ He asked as he tried to find a pulse. There was blood everywhere, and was cold as ice. ‘’Desiree, please you can’t leave me, I love you so fucking much!’’ He lied his head in the crook of her neck after he hadn’t managed to find a pulse. He was sure that she was gone and it was all his fault.

‘’Oh my God! Mark call the ambulance right now! Oh my god! Hello, sir can you hear me?’’ A woman’s voice screamed as she ran to the couple motionless on the ground.

Elliot tried to open his eyes or move his hand, but couldn’t everything hurt and felt heavy.

‘’The ambulance is on the way. Shit, they are so young! Check for a pulse, Elle we have to do everything we can till they come here!’’

Those were the last words that Elliot heard before he fell unconscious. All that he wanted was to go wherever Desiree was. That was his only wish.

a/n: This is like the 2nd chapter I uploaded this week! I hope that you like this chapter. Please leave your thoughts on what you think will happen next! :)