29☕

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month

The next morning Desiree woke up in Elliot’s arms and moved closer to him to absorb his body warmth since there was a cold chill in the hotel room, most probably they had forgot to switch on the heater the night before.

When she moved closer to Elliot she noticed that he wasn’t wearing anything and when she looked under the covers she saw that she was in the same state. That was when she realized that the wonderful dream that she had had the night before wasn’t a dream, but had in fact been reality. Desiree blushed and got out of the bed, wrapping her small body in the fluffy night gown that provided the hotel. She grabbed her phone from her bag and some clothes and went to take a hot shower.

Thankfully the hot water helped to soothe the soreness that she felt and she took longer than necessary to finished her shower. After she was done with the shower she looked at her phone to check what time it was and was surprised to see that it was the 25th December, Christmas day!

She ran back into the hotel bedroom and jumped on Elliot.

‘’Wake up wake up wake up!’’ She screamed excitedly as she nudged Elliot in an attempt to wake him up.

‘’What’s wrong, is everything okay, are you hurt?’’ Elliot said as he quickly set up in bed and took her face in his hand as he looked at her with wide green eyes.

‘’It’s Christmas!’’ She told him with a grin as she kissed him on the lips. For a second he just started at her with a confused look on his face but then a grin spread on his face as he realized what day it was.

‘’Happy Christmas, baby!’’ He told her as he changed their position so he was straddling her, while she laughed and tried to move away from him. They stayed on the bed for a while, he tickling her and she trying to get out of his reach.

 It was possibly the first Christmas that Desiree wasn’t going to spend with her family. Since they were a very religious family they used to go to the early Christmas mass and then go for breakfast at some restaurant where they would open their Christmas presents. As she remembered these moments she felt Elliot’s hands move away from her.

‘’What’s wrong Desiree?’’ Elliot asked.

‘’Nothing is wrong.’’ Desiree took this opportunity to get away from him and sat down on the armchair facing the bed instead.

‘’Desiree tell me.’’ Elliot insisted.

‘’It’s just that I’m a little homesick, I remembered how we used to spend Christmas as a family and I just miss them.’’ She told him as she avoided his eyes.

‘’Desiree, you know that if you want to go back all you have to do is tell me. I won’t get angry at you I promise and I understand that you miss your family, after all it was my fault that happened what happened, if I hadn’t been an idiot none of this would have happened.’’ He said with a sad tone, deep down he regretted taking her away from her family, but at the same time he was glad that she was there in London with him, he loved her company.