6☕

❝I don't know if you feel the same way as I do

Desiree let out a sigh of relief when she saw Elliot coming back with two chocolate muffins in his hand and his cute crooked smile was painted on his face as his eyes met hers.

''Sorry, I took so long, there were a lot of people in the queue.'' He told her with a smile as he handed her one of the muffins and took the other for himself.

''That's okay, in fact while you were gone I managed to beat my high score in Bubble Shooter!'' Desiree told him with a smug smile as she held up her phone to show him the proof.

''I can't believe that your high-score is higher than mine! What do you say if we make a little bet on who can get the highest score?'' He told her with a mischievous gleam in his brilliant emerald green eyes.

''Challange accepted! But what will be the prize?''

''The person who loses, which will obviously be you, will have to pay for an object which the winning person, which will be me, has selected. Deal?'' He told her in a business like voice.

''Deal!'' She told him as she took a big bit of her muffin and looked up at him with determination in her brown eyes as he got out his phone from his from jean pocket.

''1...2...3!'' Elliot yelled to signal that they start shooting the bubbles.

They were five minutes into the game and they weren't backing down as they threw at each other snide remarks to try an lose the concentration of the other.

After another five minutes Desiree let out an angry No! as Game over appeared on the tiny screen of her phone.

''I can't believe I lost, I never lose!'' She pouted as she looked at the triumphant laughing boy in front of her.

''Everyone loses once in a while, but don't worry I won't chose something that you can't afford.'' He told her with a smile as they both got up from their chairs and made their way towards the door.

When they opened the door they were greeted by the cold air and to their dismay saw that it was raining.

''Do you by any chance have an  umbrella?'' Elliot asked Desiree as he wrapped his arm around her to try and stop her from shivering so much.

''No, I don't'' She told him between shiver as she huddled closer to his warm body.

''Fuck, I'll guess we'll just have to RUN!'' He told her as he ran out from the entrance of the cafe pulling her with him as she squealed. 

Elliot took Desiree to the nearest warmest place he could think of which was the local bookshop. When they entered they were both dripping wet and shivering but he couldn't help and notice that her eyes looked brighter than ever before.

''That was so much fun! Let's do it again!'' She told him with excitement as she pulled his arm towards the front door.

''I don't want you to get a cold or anything so I won't let you do it again.'' He told her, he was certainly amused at her happiness in a such a simple thing.

''Fine'' She told him as she pouted and crossed her arms and disappeared into one of the many rows filled with books waiting to be read.

Desiree was sitting on the floor with an open book in her hand when Elliot went next to her.

''Did you find anything that you'd like me to buy for you since you won?'' Desiree told him as she got up from the carpeted floor, which now had a large wet spot on it, with the book in hand.