33☕

❝You are the blood in my veins❞

The following day the family, including Elliot, woke up early so they could visit Rupert at the hospital again.

When they had returned home the previous night they had had dinner where they talked about everything that had happened in the past months. Her mother had gotten a promotion at work, Alice had got a boyfriend but broke up with him after a week and her dad, well after she left her dad had closed himself up and he barely went home as he spent his days working at the hospital. When Desiree told her mother and sister that they had bought a house together they were excited and demanded to know everything about living in London.

They walked out the front door all together and drove off to the hospital, it was weird for Amber to spend a day at the hospital when she wasn’t working there.

When they walked in Rupert’s room his face lit up and started talking animatedly as he told them that in the evening the doctors had told him that he could return home.

They were playing Monopoly on the hospital bed, arguing with Alice that she had cheated, when the door opened and two visitors walked in side by side.

Desiree’s eyes widened when she saw her ex boyfriend and her best friend standing before her, both grinning at her.

‘’I missed you so much!’’ She told them as she hurriedly got off the bed and hugged them both at the same time.

‘’It’s good to see you again.’’ Noah told her as he gave her a kiss on the cheek, which cause Elliot to glare at him.

‘’I missed you too!’’ Mia told her as she hugged her. ‘’I have so much gossip to tell you, you missed a lot when you were gone.’’

‘’I can’t wait to hear what you have to say, you know I like some gossip.’’ The two girls both started laughing, until a tear streamed down Mia’s face.

‘’Hey I’m here now, don’t cry.’’ Desiree told her as she hugged her again. ‘’Do you mind if we go to the hospital cafeteria?’’ She asked her parents.

‘’No not at all, see you later Dessie.’’ Her dad told her as he smiled at her and returned to the game, but Elliot just looked at her.

‘’Elliot you can come with us too, it would be great to get to know you better.’’ Mia told him with a small smile.

‘’Thanks.’’ He replied with a smile as he walked towards them and wrapped his hand around Desiree’s waist as they walked out the door with Noah trailing behind them.

When they arrived at the cafeteria they sat down around a small white table and ordered coffee and tea for Desiree, too afraid to try the horrible hospital food.

‘’So Mia, you can say what’s on your mind.’’ Desiree told her as she took a sip from her sadly cold tea, while Noah and Elliot were looking everywhere to avoid looking at each other.

It turned out that Mia was no longer with her boyfriend after she had found out that he was seeing some other girl, she was expecting a new baby brother and she had started an art course, amongst the other gossip on the other girls that they knew.

‘’So Noah, anything exciting happened since I was gone?’’ Desiree asked him.

‘’Um, I’ve been seeing this girl for the past month.’’ He told her.

‘’That’s great, do I know her?’’

‘’Yes you do, she’s Elsa Hale, she was in English class with you.’’

‘’Oh yes I remember, she’s a sweet girl.’’ Desiree told him with a smile.

‘’I know.’’ He smiled.

‘’Desiree, I think we should go back near your father.’’ Elliot interrupted as he looked at his watch.

Desiree frowned at him but she agreed and said her goodbyes before they made their way back to her father’s room.

When they passed infront of one of the many hospital rooms, Elliot froze and stepped towards the door to look inside the room.

‘’Elliot, what is it?’’ Desiree asked him as she went to see who was in that room. When she saw the messy ginger hair and the pale unconcious face of the guy as doctors and nurses yelled instructions at each other, she froze aswell.

In the hospital bed, looking pretty much dead, was Will one of Elliot’s friends that she had met when she had gone to the Halloween party.

‘’I’m so sorry Elliot, I’m sure that he will be fine. I can ask mum if she knows what happened to him, she must know since she works here. We can come visit him later.’’ She told him as she grabbed his hand and tugged so he would follow here.

When they walked in the room Desiree immediately asked her if she knew anything.

‘’I’m sorry Desiree but I can’t tell you, it’s the hospital’s policy.’’

‘’But mum, he’s Elliot’s friend please please try and find out what happened to him.’’ She pleaded.

‘’Fine, fine.’’ Amber told her as she grabbed her phone and dialed a number.

Elliot’s hold on Desiree’s hand tightened throughout the conversation and tensed when she ended the call.

‘’Elliot, I’m sorry to tell you this but Will is overdosed, they found him early in the morning and they are doing everything they can.’’ Amber told him in her professional voice, she must have said the almost same sentence to countless of people before.

Elliot’s face paled and his eyes widened as he sank to his knees on the floor as he started sobbing. It’s all my fault, it’s all my fault.

a/n: I'm sorry this was a filler chapter and for the ''cliffhanger'', I promise the next chapter will be more interesting. xx