42☕

For a moment Elliot didn’t say a word as he tried to make sense of what the doctor had told him. He was with Desiree a minute ago, how could she have died?

‘’I’m sorry doc, but I don’t understand. I was with her a minute ago, she didn’t wake up but she was breathing. I saw her!’’ Elliot told him with wide eyes.

‘’I wasn’t talking about Ms. Lock, Mr. Sword. Ms. Lock was twelve weeks pregnant with a baby girl, but unfortunately the blows that she received to her stomach caused her to lose the baby. We tried to save them both, but we simply couldn’t.’’ The doctor explained.

‘’I was going to be a father?’’ Elliot exclaimed. This was clearly a surprise to him. She hadn’t looked pregnant or had any morning sickness. Did she know?

The doctor simply nodded his head. ‘’I am very sorry Mr. Sword, if you need anything you can press the red button next to the bed and I’ll come as soon as I can.’’ He told him with a small smile.

‘’Thanks doc, I appreciate your help.’’ He replied as he wiped away the tears from his face. He had lost their baby girl, he couldn’t bear to lose his other.

‘’Mr. Sword, she is very strong don’t give up on her.’’ The doctor told him before he turned and walked away.

Elliot couldn’t face her family and Noah at that moment, so he stayed for a while in the corridor. Should he tell them that Desiree lost their baby? Would he tell her when she woke up, if  she woke up, or did she already know?

After thinking and thinking some more he was ready to face them and rolled back into the room. They had been clearly waiting for him to tell them what the doctor told him because as soon as he was in the room they looked up at him.

‘’What did he tell you? Is she okay?’’ Rupert asked him.

‘’He didn’t talk to me about Desiree.’’ He took a deep breath before he gave them the news. ‘’Desiree was pregnant, but the blows to her stomach caused her to lose our baby.’’ He sobbed.

For a moment there was silence in the room, before a loud yell erupted.

‘’You impregnated my daughter before marriage? How dare you? I thought that I could trust you, but you have crossed the line young man! You are going to hell for this and because of you my girl is going to suffer for eternity.’’ Her father yelled at him as he moved towards him with his hands balled, ready to punch him.

‘’Rupert don’t yell in the hospital!’’ Amber scolded him.

‘’How can I not? My daughter was pregnant before marriage, I don’t know how you aren’t yelling at him!’’ He said as he pointed at Elliot with disgust on his face.

‘’How can you be so insensitive? She lost a baby for Christ’s sake, your grandchild! Noah, Alice let’s go back to the hotel we can’t stay here. Elliot, call us if you need anything and I’m sorry for your loss.’’ Amber said before they left him alone with Desiree.