4☕

❝Sometime people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.

The following morning, Desiree woke up to chatter and laughter coming from the next room, the kitchen. She lazily wiped her eyes from her sleep in order to try and wake up before she got up from her bed and made her way to the kitchen. 

When she stepped into her kitchen her brown eyes instantly widened when she saw a boy covered with bandages sitting on her chair munching on toast while her mother laughed at a joke that he had just said. Desiree couldn't believe that the events of the previous nights had actually happened, she had thought that it was one of her strange dreams.

Elliot's eyes immediately found hers as she stood frozen in the entryway to the kitchen in her pajamas, she immediately blushed and was about to go back to her bedroom when her mother spotted her.

''Good morning, Dessie!'' Amber told her as she rushed to her daughter and hugged her tightly. ''I'm heading off to work in a few minutes, so please take care of Elliot for me.'' Her mother told her. 

''Fine'' Desiree answered in a small voice, ''Where's Alice?'' She asked her as she noticed that her usual chair was empty.

''She has gone out with her friend Rosey, she will be back around four I think, anyways if you need anything call me. Goodbye sweetheart, bye Elliot!'' Her mother told her as she grabbed her purse from the kitchen table and rushed out from  the kitchen and out of the front door.

Desiree took a deep breath before she crossed to the other side of the kitchen to brew some tea for her and placed a homemade chocolate chip cookie on a plate before sitting down on Alice's chair which was the one opposite Elliot.

''So what would you like to do today?'' Elliot asked her to break the silence that had fell on them.

''I have no idea, what would you like to do?'' She asked him as she continued to nibble on her chocolate chip cookie, making sure to avoid those bright emerald eyes which never left her from their sight for a second.

''I know somewhere that we can go to if you would like.'' He told her as he hoped that she would say yes. He wanted to get to know the beautiful shy girl in-front of him.

''Sure, I will go and change and then we can go.'' She said as she stood up from her chair and placed her mug and empty plate in the sink. ''I will get you one of my father's shirts if you'd like.'' She added as she saw that he was still wearing his shirt from last night.

''That would be great, thanks'' He told her with a smile as he placed his empty plate in the sink on top of hers and followed her into her paren't bedroom.

After a few minutes of trying to find something which would fit Elliot, who had a slightly bigger built than her father's, she found a red wool sweater which didn't fit her father since it was too big for him. 

''Here try this on'' She told him as she handed him the sweater. 

Without hesitation he lifted his blue sweater over his head and changed into the red sweater. Desiree noticed that he had several other tattoos trailing down his torso and arms and she couldn't tear her gaze away from him fast enough before he caught her staring at him.

''You like what you see?'' He asked her with a mischievous smile on his face.

She blushed and immediately looked away from him. ''Erm, I think I better go change.'' 

He laughed at her shyness and her innocence before telling her to take her time changing as he sat down on the beige sofa in the living room and switched on the TV to keep himself entertained.

About fifteen minutes later Desiree walked out from the opposite door in front of him dressed in light blue skinny jeans and a light pink sweater with a beige leather jacket in hand and cream Uggs. Although she was wearing minimal makeup and her hair was tied back in a messy ponytail she still looked pretty good.

Elliot stood looking at her with his lips slightly parted when he saw her as his eyes travelled up and down her body.

''You like what you see?'' She repeated his words from earlier as she gave him a slight smile, it was his turn now to blush and look away.

''Don't use my words against me and you look really pretty by the way, shall we go?'' He replied.

''Sure'' She told him with a smile as they descended the staircase together.

Outside they were met by a cold gush of wind and she gave an involuntarily shudder as her teeth started to chatter.

''Come here, I'll keep you warm.'' He told her as he opened his arms for her. 

Surprisingly she walked into his arms and as he wrapped his arms around her he couldn't help but feel that there was something really special about her.

She was possibly the shiest person that he had ever met, but he knew that there was someone else hidden underneath her shyness and he couldn't wait to uncover that person.