11☕

❝If it's supposed to happen, it will❞

 After a few second of silent walking Elliot recognized the street in which they were. At the end of the narrow street with the old buildings on the side he could see the rusty gates of the park in which he used to go to with his father when he was younger, when everything was simple and happy.

''We're here!'' Desiree exclaimed before they started to make their way along the passageway. There were a little autumn leaves here and there and the air was filled with bird song. 

Amongst the familiar ambience and her presence Elliot felt a lot calmer and his headache from the hangover started to slowly ease.

''This is one of my favourite places in this town, I used to come here every single day after school with my best friend, I miss her so much!'' She told him with a sad smile on her face. She took his hand in hers once again and led him to the little tree house that was opposite them.

In the wood there was a carved heart with the inscription Desiree + Sofie for ever, which Desiree stroked gently as Elliot watched her thoughtfully.

''What happened to her?'' He asked her, there was no need for her to tell him that something had happened to her childhood friend, the look on her face gave it away.

''We were walking together after school to go back home when a car came speeding towards us. I was in the way so she pushed me to the side and the car hit her instead of me. She was taken to the hospital immediately but she had already died. I can never forget her, she saved my life.'' She told him while she played with a lock of her brown hair.

''Holy shit! That must have been really hard on you!'' He told her as he moved closer to her and wrapped his arm around her. ''But don't worry, she's in a better place now.'' He whispered before he placed  a kiss on top of her head.

''I hope so.''

After a few second lying together in the same position they heard laughter and chattering coming towards them. After a few moments they saw two mothers with their laughing children as they played in the playground under them.

''You know, when I was younger I used to come to this park as-well with my dad. Who knows maybe one of those day we could have played together.'' He told her with a smile.

''That could have happened, I do remember that there was some guy called Liot that we used to play with. Maybe that could have been you!'' She said as she lifted her head from his shoulder. He could see that the sadness that had been in her beautiful brown eyes had now been replaced with excitement.

''If he was good looking he was probably me.'' He joked as she burst out laughing.

She suddenly started to feel her phone vibrate in her pocket, it was an incoming call. 

''I'm so sorry Elliot, but I have to go! I have kept my friend waiting for me at the mall I totally forgot that we were going shopping today!'' She told him in a rush as she picked up her bag from the floor of the tree house and stood up.

''Don't worry about it, do you have my number so we can keep contact?'' He asked her.

''No I don't think that I do.'' She replied.

Five minutes later she was back on the bus with her headphones on and her book on her lap, she prayed that her friend won't be too angry with her. At least she had a lot of stuff that she needed to tell her which would surely make up for her late arrival.

☯      

A quarter of an hour later Elliot was opening the front door of his house, he could hear his parent's voices from outside so they mustn't have been in a very good mood.