Chapter 8

Sleeping alone was difficult. It made me feel alone again, and just like at Mumbo's, I would always go into his room and fall asleep there. Not in a weird way, it's just that he made me feel safe. And maybe I like being this close to him. He did save me after all.

Every day was like heaven compared to what I had previously. The people were so kind and the food was amazing. We would go and play on the basketball court, me and Tango may have cheated by flying up and putting the ball through but it was all fun and games. Doc didn't even need to try he was so tall so me and Stress were always on his team.

I would walk down to the bottom of the garden, which is really just the start of the tree line, and Cleo would teach me about how to do armour stand work. It was very fiddly and I couldn't get the hang of it but it was still fun.

I liked talking to Xisuma as well, or just listening to him talk. He is really interesting and can explain things really well. I'm growing closer to him and I feel like he is the older brother I never had. He helped me find out little tricks about my wings, like how I can use them to warm myself up without hurting myself and doing really sharp turns without falling out the air.

Me and Ren haven't caught up fully yet though, I still need to talk to him. I did move into the room next to him and knock on the wall to annoy him at night. It was funny until I started to go to sleep and he would do it back to me. I should probably go and talk to him soon.

Lately I have noticed that whenever I talk to Stress or Cleo that Mumbo will come over and talk to me. I don't know why but it's a bit weird. I mean I'm gay so it's not like I'll end up liking one of them if he likes them. I think he might be jealous of my relationship with Stress. She likes to fly and isn't to heavy so sometimes I'll carry her up and float around for a bit. I see Mumbo talking to her and he normally looks quite flustered.

Not that I mind that. Mumbo can like whoever he wants to like. It's just that I thought Stress liked Iskall. I've seen the way she looks at him. Mumbo can't like her. That would just be wrong. He can't like her because I like him. I mean it's stupid really. Am I not good enough for him? Am I just...

Am I in love with Mumbo?

I glanced over at Mumbo. He was sitting with Iskall and laughing about something. His laugh could light up my day, no matter what was going on. I was sitting with Xisuma as he spoke about when he used to be obsessed with dressing up as different animals. I wasn't really listening and my mind had wandered to Mumbo.

He could always cheer me up, and yet whenever I was around him there was a fuzzy feeling in my stomach. He always looked so perfect, even when he had redstone all over his suit and his hair was a mess from working all day. Even when he was with other people I would want to be speak to him.

But it's probably just because he saved me and I'm thankful for that. After all if it wasn't for him I'd still be trapped in the AHA. Just thinking about that place send shivers up my spine.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realise X saying my name.
"GRIAN! Hello?" He dragged out the 'o' and waved his hand in front of my face.
"Oh I'm sorry X, I was... lost in thought." I turned my head away from Mumbo to look back at the Warden. He was smirking now and had rested his head in his hand.
"Somebody has a crush~" it wasn't a question, it more of a sing-song statement. I could feel my face heating up at the thought.

Xisuma started laughing when I stayed silent. I chuckled and hid my face in my hands. I looked back at Mumbo to see he had left from where he was sitting. I heard a chair move and out of my peripheral vision I saw X get up and leave. I sighed and decided I should probably go and catch up with Ren.

While I walked by Iskall and Mumbo I made sure to whisper to the Swedish man,
"There's no romance but you share a room with Stress?"
When I looked back to smirk I saw Iskall glaring at me as his face went bright red and Mumbo giggled.