Chapter 14

As I held onto X I started to hear voices.

"Are they in that one?"
"You check in there I'll check in here."
"They might be in here."
"Guys I found them!"

My wings were still wrapped around me and X and I refused to open them. But unlike what I expected, there was no grabbing. There was no attacking my wins. X was still by my side. So I opened a gap between two bunches of feathers and peered out to the people. The sight before me was not what I expected at all.

X started squirming and I opened my wings a little to let him move. The people outside jumped back to give me room and I let down my wings.

There, smiling back at me, was the face of none other Mr Mumbo Jumbo. I stumbled to stand and grabbed hold of Mumbo to pull him into a tight hug. I took in his smell and let comfort wash over my body. I was finally safe.

Mumbo pulled me in and rested his chin on my head. I turned my head so I could face X and saw him being comforted by Stress and Iskall. He looked calm and it soothed me.

But we weren't safe yet. Any minute Cub and Scar would realise that I was gone and come to look for me. I let go of Mumbo and saw who else was here. Everyone. Ren, Cleo, Tango, Jevin and Doc we're all here too. They all came to rescue me and X.

Mumbo grasped my hand and pulled me to the opening in the bars. He poked his head out and turned around to nod his head at Iskall. The Swedish man then held Xisuma's hand and led him to the exit.

One by one we all left the cell and ran down the corridor to where Mumbo and the others came in. We were around halfway down the hallway when my legs stopped moving and I was left standing unable to keep running. Mumbo felt my hand slip out of his and stopped to turn around and look at me.

I tried my best to move but then realised what was happening. Vexes can get into your head and make you think and do things. When I saw Mumbo's eyes open wide I knew what I was thinking was correct.

Everyone else stopped and X looked a mixture of panic and confusion. Mumbo froze and stared right through me. I heard the sound of metal on metal and footsteps.

Mumbo ran forwards and put his arms under mine and started dragging me out. He had to drag me backwards though so we could move, and when I turned around I was greeted by Cub and Scar. The older was grinning evilly at me and Scar had crystal blue eyes.

I watched in horror as Cub's eyes went the same colour and Mumbo stopped moving. Then I heard X make a noise of confusion and Iskall walked past us. He walked right up to Cub, who's eyes went back to their normal brown, and punched him in the face. Mumbo was able to move again and kept dragging me until Scar stopped intruding my brain.

I almost fell out of Mumbo's grip as I tried to stand on my own and start running at the same time. As I and Mumbo ran out everyone else except Stress and X ran back to fight the guards.

Iskall had taken and given a few punches to Cub and some of the guards. Cleo had taken off her arms. They were strangling two guards while she had kicked the guards where the sun don't shine. I winced as she did. I saw a blue blob moving weirdly and turned to look at it.

Jevin pulled four tentacles out of his back and started throwing guards to the floor. Ren was baring his teeth and slashing people with his nails. Doc had super strength in his left arm since it could feel no pain and was made to be unstoppable.

I heard a roar and saw flames. Quite literally. Tango, being a nether demon, had set the ground where the guards stood on fire. He turned to where we were standing and made a wall of fire to protect us from any coming attackers.

I, Mumbo, Stress and X took this opportunity to run and leave. We were almost at the exit when X snapped his head around to face the fighting. We all did too and Stress shrieked with horror.