2- A Mutual Attraction

"Y/n, follow me," Dumbledore instructed. Was the old man already tired of your behavior, and did he regret inviting you back?

"We will have a little chat." You walked up the stairs with McGonagall in front of you and Dumbledore behind you. Walking into the headmaster's office, Albus waved for you to take a seat. Seating yourself, you felt the soft surface of the chair form around your rear.

"So tell me, how have you been?" Minerva asked gently, truly interested in your daily life. Trying as hard as you could, you put on your best smile.

"Things are not... bad," you spoke while frowning a bit. Dumbledore noticed your unpleasant look. Your life was not a total mess and things were not as bas as they seemed, but the need to give purpose to your life was big.

"Now tell me y/n, how are you truly holding up?" he asked kindly, noticing your happy expression faded. You felt a sudden lump in your throat while being faced with reality.

"Well, It is not that I am not happy in New York..." you began.

"What is wrong dear, you can tell us?" Minerva asked, now with a concerning look on her face.

"It is just complicated. Lately, I have not been myself," you tried to explain, earning comforting smiles from the two people in front of you.

"For so long, I have wanted to take a break from my life in New York, so your invitation was quite convenient." You stood up, not wanting to let sadness overwhelm you. "I will take some time to gather myself and I will be joining you in the great hall," you spoke while feeling more awake than before. The headmaster and McGonagall stood up, allowing you to leave the room. Talking about your life was not one of your priorities, since you did not want to bother anyone with your shit. Although, since you left school, it began to look like another y/n formed herself.

You really needed to eat something, since no nourishment was present in your system, except for coffee. "Mr. Filch will take you to your room." Dumbledore spoke lastly.

"Thank you both for listening to me," you said to the pair before turning around and walking down the stairs. The main idea was to find Filch and let him take you to your room. Lost in your thoughts, a sudden hard chest hit yours.

"Arghh! Watch where you are going, girl!" A man in black said. You corrected your blouse and tilted your head a bit. "The one and only Severus Snape is standing before me," you said mockingly. The tall man clenched his jaw, trying to intimidate you. On the contrary, he did not longer scare you.

"Stop this foolishness and tell me who you are," he spoke with strong inferiority in his voice. Just wanting to keep up the game, you walked around him, trying your best not to laugh when approaching his ear. "I am the girl you once taught potions, sir,'' you started off with a tiny hint. You could feel him roll his eyes, even though you were standing behind him. Moving to his other ear, you gave him the satisfaction of finally understanding who you were.

''The girl who got sorted into two houses." A smirk plastered on your face. He turned around, having enough of your games. Severus met your gaze with a look of disbelief in his eyes. In your first year at Hogwarts you were sorted into Gryffindor and Slytherin. No one knew how it happened. Two completely different houses. For centuries, these houses have been enemies. To your dismay, you were the one who got sorted into both.

There were many speculations that you would reunite both houses. Always refuting these believes, Because you were too insecure about yourself and your importance towards this world. How could I have been chosen to have such an influence in history? You lost many of your Slytherin friends, who were jealous and bitter towards you after a couple of months. Others started to take advantage of your renown. There were also people, who were supportive when things were too much for you. After you got out of school, you never thought about the sorting again, thinking it was just a mistake the sorting head made.