29- Let Bygones Be Bygones

Lucius did not know what to say to you. You pushed yourself away from the table, while smiling at him. You walked towards your seat and sat down, just like Snape did. You felt the ambiance getting a little awkward and the students were still lurking at you.

One sway with your hand, and you lit the candles, which the great hall was filled with. You did not know you could do that until you just did. Minerva sat next to you. "Everyone, get back to your meals" she said loudly. Dumbledore nodded.

You tried not to pay attention to the men. "Y/n?" Minerva asked. "Hmm?" you asked, while drinking your water. She smiled at you.

"Will you help me with something after breakfast?" she asked. You looked at Snape, who almost choked in his drink. You are not a sadist but you had to laugh because of his face. He looked a bit angry at you. "I.. haha... I- am so sorry but-" you began, while laughing.

There was no use, laughing at him and trying to explain. You just turned to McGonagall again and gave an answer. "I would love to professor but professor Snape and I-" you began. Now Lucius choked in his drink. You needed to hold back your laughter. Minerva had to laugh because of you. "What is up with you dear?" she asked, while laughing. You shook your head.

"Would we not all like to know?" Sirius asked, completely annoyed by your secretive behaviour. You felt their eyes stabbing you. "Severus will teach me Occlumency, so can I help you later?" you asked. She nodded. "That is alright" she replied.

You looked at the time and poked Severus. He looked up and frowned. "What is it?" he asked irritated. "Do not snarl at me. It is time, come on" you responded. He rolled his eyes and stood up. Was he acting like his old self, just to keep up the act? Who knew.

You walked out of the great hall, feeling like everyone was staring at you again. You felt like it was taking ages and decided to apparate to Snape's classroom, leaving every student with their mouths dropped. Some of them have never seen anyone apparate, so they were left surprised.

You apparated into the room. "Patience is a virtue" he said. You looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Hear who is talking" you responded, which made him smirk. You sat down, expecting Snape to dig into your mind.

"Can you warn me before entering?" you asked. He smiled. "I thought you liked it rough" he responded. You rolled your eyes. He shook his head and pulled you out of the chair. You thought he was going to kiss you but that was not his intention. You felt his warm breath flying past you.

You wetted your lips but nothing happened. He moved past you to sit in the chair. You stood there, waiting to be kissed. 'That was awkward' you thought. He smiled. "We can do that later" he said.

"You will perform Legilimens on me, and I will try to shield you from my mind" he explained. You nodded and pointed your wand. "Watch me carefully". And with that last word, you casted the spell. "Legilimens!" you said.

You got into his head and saw some memories. He was a student, being bullied by some boys nicknamed The Marauders. You saw him flying upside down. "Nice one James!" you heard a boy say.

You turned to look at the boys. they seemed familiar but you could not tell who they were. You were send into another memory. In the mean time, Snape tried to shield you from his mind but your grip was to tight.

This time, you saw him and a red-headed girl walking in the hallway. "Lily, I-" you heard Snape say, before a boy named James ran in between them and pushed Severus aside. The girl picked up Snape's books. Who was this girl? Before you were thrown into another memory, you were pushed out of Snape's mind.

He panted and you jumped back. "Jesus, you are strong" he said. You smirked but felt confused. "Severus?" you asked. He stood up and nodded. "Who were those boys in your memory?" you asked, truly caring about him and his youth.