Chapter 12: Couple

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"Yoo Na."

Since when...

"Since when did you decide to wait for me?" I asked walking towards Kyung Woo who was currently leaning on the wall.

"Just wanted to." He shrugged. "Let's go." He gestured for me to follow but something made me fall into deep thought that I didn't even get to take a single step.

"Yoo Na?" He asked noticing that I hadn't moved.

Since when did I feel this way after hearing you call my name?

"I'm coming." Pushing this growing question inside my mind, I followed Kyung Woo.

I eventually found out the same night that Ja Rim had agreed to date Joo Young. I sent my congratulations however deep down, something seems to bother me. That Ja Rim would treat Joo Young harshly because of her experience.

At the bus stop, I met up with Joo Young and Ja Rim. He was completely pestering her. Only then did I realize that Kyung Woo must have waited for me because he didn't want to be the third wheel between the new couple.

"I think I get you now," I whispered to him motioning at the two.

"I don't think you do." He replied making me look at him with a questioning look.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

Before he could even open his mouth to answer, the bus came and stopped in front of us. We all entered the bus one by one and paid our fare. It seemed to be a rush hour since many students were entering the bus and taking their desired seats.

I walked towards Ja Rim and was about to sit next to her when Joo Young rushed to her side oblivious to the fact that he had shoved me. Because of that, I lost my balance and was about to fall backward but a hand stopped it from doing so.

"Can't you let him sit with her for today?" Kyung Woo said pulling me to sit next to him.

"I thought he would be shy in making a move." I lightly laughed, "It seems like he'll be following her."

"Can I hold your hand?" I heard Joo Young ask Ja Rim.

"No." She replied.

"Then," he contemplated before putting his arm around her and smiled brightly. "I'll do this instead."

"Yah!" Kyung Woo called their attention, "I'll go to school alone tomorrow." He said shaking his head and looked at me.

"What about you?" He asked.

"Definitely not going to wait for Ja Rim." I answered, "That's someone's job now." I looked towards Joo Young. I wish him the best and hope that Ja Rim will treat him differently since he is different from that trash.

"Do you want me to wait for you?"

"No need."

"You sure?"

"What's this?" I looked at him. "Do you like me?" I teased, he flicked my head and smiled.

This seemed to cause me to smile as well.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

My usual routine to visit Ja Rim's class every break had now become Joo Young's as well. Throughout the day, he would go to their class and just look at her face. Not wanting to interrupt, I and the rest of the girls kept a distance from them.