Chapter 21: Guy Like Him

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

Just last night, Ji Hoo had asked me to meet up with him since he wanted to. Having nothing else to do I agreed. We met at a cafe and are currently eating.

"I thought you invited the whole class officers," I told him taking a bit from my ice cream.

"Ah." He smiled, "I think they'll refuse if I'd ask."

San Hee wouldn't have. I was well aware of her feelings for him, she never told the boys but she had admitted it to me. She even asked me to help her with him. I accepted but it seemed like he only treats her as a friend, despite my efforts to bring them closer.

"How about San Hee?" I asked him. "I'm pretty sure she won't refuse, that's not like her."

He didn't reply and continued to eat his food. Averting my gaze to him he seemed to look distant.

Did something happen between the two?

"How was your vacation?" He asked rather, changing the topic.

"It was nice." I smiled. Perhaps it wasn't something he would like to talk about. Seeing so, I tried not to push the topic. Although I spent most of the time cleaning and gardening in our so-called vacation, it was also a fun experience.

We both finished our snacks and headed outside. Luckily, it was a sunny day and the wind was nice.

"Do you wanna go somewhere?" He asked me.

"I'd just prefer to walk," I replied, but in honesty, I had no place to go to in mind.

"Is that how you prefer our date?" He chuckled as we stroll the park.

Is that how he sees this?

"This isn't a date," I informed, I wouldn't want that to ever happen.

"Consider it one."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I'd rather hang out with you than the date you." I looked at him. San Hee would be mad if I would date him. That wasn't the only reason, I don't have feelings for him. I might be getting hints of his feelings for me and if I would agree that it's a date, I'll just be getting his hopes up. I don't like getting someone's hopes up.

"Don't you want a boyfriend?" He continued to ask me, as we sat down on a bench. "I think people like me could treat people like you better."

"People like you? You mean rich people." He nodded his head.

"You can't buy love," I told him shaking my head.

"No." He looked at me. "I meant people who are role models like me." I frowned and looked at him not getting what he meant.

"You deserve to be with someone who is liked by their personality and not by their appearance." He explained. "Otherwise you'll end up being treated horribly."

"What made you think, I like someone for their appearance?" He made it sound like I like someone because of their appearance. If anything, It might be true that they can catch my attention, I'm pretty sure I'll feel more attracted to someone because of their personalities.

"Lee Kyung Woo." He bluntly told me. "You like him don't you? I saw the way you look at him."

My eyes widened, How have I been so unguarded. If he was able to see it, how many more were able to do so? But, I didn't like him because of his appearance. Sure, he is handsome and girls swoon over him. But there was something else...

"He's more than a handsome face," I replied. He might be cold to others but when it comes to his friends, I noticed how protective he is and how he cares deeply for them. How worried he was for Joo Young when something goes wrong. I guess that's when I started to like him.

"You do know he picks fight outside the school."

"I know that."

"So why him?"

I truly wish I know the answer to that. I also don't know why I started developing feelings for him when I started developing these feelings. Friends would worry over their friends but there was something else in Kyung Woo.

"He might be handsome but he got some dark secrets." He continued to tell me.

"Did you call me just to talk about Kyung Woo?" I stood up. "I don't like talking about other people behind their back."

"Do you even know why he covers his left eye?" He took my hand to prevent me from leaving.

"No, if the time's right. I'll know." I removed his hand. "I'll go first." With that, I left. I don't get why he suddenly would ask me about Kyung Woo.

Without noticing it I had already reached Ja Rim's. I was too busy thinking about what happened I didn't realize I was already here.

"Yoo Na!" Damn, I didn't even realize Ji Hoo had followed me. I turned around to face him only for him to grab both my hands.

"I'm sorry." He told me, "I shouldn't have offended your friend."

"Yeah." I said. "Thanks for today."

"But I was serious." He tightened his grip when I tried to pull away. "You shouldn't be with a guy like him."

"Cha Yoo Na~" I heard the voice of Joo Young from afar. I looked in their direction and saw him with Kyung Woo.

I forcefully pulled my hands away as the two came close. I completely forgot Kyung Woo lives nearby, Joo Young must have gone and visited him.

"Were you guys on a date?" Joo Young teased us. "You guys do look like a cute couple."

"No, we don't." I coldly told him.

"But we did go on a date?" Ji Hoo told them. Gong Joo smiled and nudged Kyung Woo.

"Did you have fun?" Kyung Woo asked me.

"It's not a date." I replied.

"Ah, she's just a little embarrassed." Joo Young continued to tease me.

"She said it's not a date. "Kyung Woo slapped Joo Young.

"I need to go." Ji Hoo spoke up. "I'll see you guys." He said before leaving.

"You're finally looking for your love lif-" I threw Joo Young a glare. "I said it wasn't a date. I was rather pissed off."

"What happened?" Kyung Woo asked.

You...

I was pissed off since he was talking bad about you. If only it was that easy to say.

"Nothing." I replied, "I'll go first." I waved them goodbye before running off to my house.

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

Teaser:

"Are you the replacements?" Min Ji asked. We waited for half an hour for them to arrive only to find out it was Byung Hoon and Kyung Woo.

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

"It looks awful." I inspect the tattoo. "Out of all the tattoos, That?"

"Just wait and see." He put a finger on my chin, "you'll be falling head over heels with me."

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

I stopped upon seeing Kyung Woo and Min Ji at the music room.

"Drink this." Kyung Woo said opening a bottle of juice.

I lowered my head and tightened my grip on the map. This is really hard.

I'm sorry I'm jealous of you, Yang Min Ji

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴