Chapter 19: Drunk

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"Gosh, the weather is so nice." Jin Hee complimented. "Today is also filled with exciting..."

"Farm Work." We all popped our heads from the garden of chillis. When we thought we could have fun and explore the place, for some reason we ended up agreeing to help with the farm work.

"Byung Hoon," I called, "Did you invite us here to work?"

We've been here for an hour now and we've only managed to fill up only five sacks.

"They need to pick everything before monsoon season." Byung Hoo said, continuing to pluck out the red chilis.
"Were you planning to leave after you ate?"

"You should have told us in advance." Jin Hee pointed her hand full of chilis at him.

"That's true." Ja Rim agreed, "this is a fun experience too, I guess."

Noticing that my second sack was already full, I tied it and was about to lift it but my sprained ankle prevented me from taking a step forward. I bit my lower lip to stop me from groaning or possibly scream.

"Ji Soo," I called tossing the sack at him. With his great reflexes, he caught it with ease.

"Why are you suddenly giving this to me?" He asked.

"It's your fault I fell down the stairs." I reasoned out, shrugging my shoulders.

"You're blaming me now? It was your fault for staring at me." He countered.

"Move!" Ah Ram shouted behind his back, instantly he made a way for her. He looked at her in shock as she carries two sacks behind her back.

"N-Noona," he told me. "Give me the other sack." Smiling, I gave him the other, he grabbed it and tossed it in his back before following her.

"Do you have any more water?" Ja Rim asked us, I looked for my water only to find it empty. The rest also took out theirs and showed it to her, Empty as well.

"Ja Rim, I'll go get some water." He said and ran off to go back to the house.

"Noona." Ji Soo stood beside me helping me take out the rest of the chillis. "Does your ankle really hurt or you're just pretending." He teased.

"Do you want to feel what it's like when I walk?" I smiled at him clenching his shirt in my hand. He shook his head.

When it seemed like there are no more red chili peppers in sight, I moved to where Min Ji is to help her. We managed to fill up a sack and were about to put it aside. However, Min Ji was struggling to move it.

"Do you exercise?" I asked only meant it as a joke. Regretting it seconds later when I realized that she tends to be self-conscious.

"No, considering I can't even lift this sack." She answered I didn't know if she took it as a joke or is hiding her feelings again.

Kyung Woo came in sight and took the sack instead making Min Ji asked him what he's doing.

"You would need a boyfriend to help you with that." He replied taking a step forward but stopped before asking if she would want a boyfriend.

"N-No, why would I need one?" Min Ji asked but a slight stutter made me question something.

"Just asking." He shrugged before leaving.

"What was that about?" She asked no one in particular before continuing her work. Now and then, I would glance at her and noticed that she can't concentrate. She would often only stare at the pepper before plucking them out.