Chapter 28: Resemblance

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

"It's because you look like his ex-girlfriend."

Those words just kept playing inside my mind. Thirty minutes have passed since I found out about that. I just left Class three's classroom and have sat down on a staircase.

"How long have you been friends with Ji Hoo?" I asked San Hee, who some minutes ago came out and saw me which led her to sit next to me. We have had a quiet chat since then.

"We've been friends since kindergarten." She blushed while I could only look at her. She had to know the truth.

"Did you know his ex-girlfriend then?"

"Oh?" She looked at me puzzled before looking down in dismay. "Yeah, sadly they broke up last year."

"Do you know why?"

"She got hated by most students because the girls' in our school called her a gold-digger. She couldn't handle the stress Ji Hoo's admirers give her. Ji Hoo was so heartbroken when they broke up. Since then his smiles are different."

So, it's another tragic love story. San Hee who had been by Ji Hoo's side has kept her feelings hidden for so many years. Although I may not know more other than the one San Hee had just informed me, I'm sure Ji Hoo also had a bad past.

"I'm not trying to pry but... What was she like." I asked noticing my voice getting lower the more I spoke.

"Well, she was like..." She pondered before frowning and looking at me. "Why are you asking?"

A couple of seconds passed before I sighed, deciding to just tell her the truth. "Are you aware of Ji Hoo's feelings for me?"

"Yeah, I've known about that." She replied, shockingly her voice didn't seem to sound hurt or sad.

"It doesn't bother you?"

"I know it's weird but it doesn't" she nodded. "Maybe because I got attached to you."

"I don't like him, for your information."

"Then, ... who is it that you like?" She asked me now curious.

"I have another question that's more important." I tried changing the topic, she playfully scoffed before giving up.

"What?"

"Do I look like her?"

Silence again filled the space as she began to inspect me.

"Not really, but your personality is quite the same." She admitted, "I admit, I do sometimes remember his ex when I see you."

"Oh." Was the only thing that was able to come out of me. I didn't know what else to say.

"Something happened didn't it?" She asked me, I'm sure she had connected the dots somehow or at least got a hint. "What are you planning?"

"An answer."

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

I dragged Ji Hoo out to talk once I returned to my classroom.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, I remained calm trying to find words on how I would explain this. "It's okay, you don't have to be a rental girlfriend anymore." He chuckled looking at the classroom. They had made it into a boxing place.

"I..." I pondered, "What kind of person do you think I am?" I asked him.

"You're usually quiet and observant." He replied straight to the point not getting my hint. I was pretty sure my voice showed how I'm feeling right now. "I always like you for that."