Chapter 14: Break Up

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"They broke up?" Min Ji had filled me in with information about what happened earlier this morning. I noticed how distant Joo Young was when we had classes. He was always typing something on his phone.

Somehow the conversation shifted from Joo Young's break up to my and Ji Hoo's relationship. Ah Ram insisting that there was something there while I denied her claims.

It was currently break time and we were walking to the school's store to buy our snacks. Upon entering we saw the boys seating at a table. Joo Young had empty bottles of coffee everywhere, we decided to pretend not to notice them as we continued on with our conversation while looking for what snacks we like.

"Yah, Wang Ja Rim." Joo Young called out with a fierce voice that took our attention. But the moment Ja Rim looked at him, he took a step back and refused to make eye contact.

"You." He instead pointed a finger at her, "should check your KakaoTalk." He said and rushed off the door, seconds later he poked half his body back and said a 'please' before leaving us alone.

Ja Rim just ignored her and proceeded to buy her a snack. I took a snack and a bottle of sprite and went to the counter to pay.

"Ji Hoo was always a gentleman." Ah Ram ignored what happened and turned to look at me. "It's no surprise every girl likes him."

"You two had been close for a while." Ja Rim said. "Are you guys...?"

"No," I replied with a sigh taking the snacks after paying them. "There's nothing going on between us two."

"Didn't you two had a date during Rose Day?" We all snapped our heads towards the person who spoke, Byung Hoon. "There's already a rumor in our class that you two are dating." He added.

"I know." However, I don't plan on confirming that rumor, if I were to confirm something; that is I'm not dating him.

"Do you not have any feelings for him?" Min Ji asked.

"No." I glanced at Kyung Woo and at that moment did I only realize that he was staring at me.

"Let's just go." I turned back at Ja Rim noticing my cheeks heat up and I needed fresh air. The store might be hot.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

It was already afternoon and I had to stay behind with Ji Hoo because we had to sort out some paper works.

"You're not going home?" I asked Joo Young, taking my bag and leaning at my desk facing him. "the doors will be locked soon."

"Yoo Na, Joo Young, Let's go." Ji Hoo called out, he was already at the door.

"You go first." It took him a second to conclude what's going on before nodding and leaving me alone with Joo Young.

"Look... What you just did." I sighed feeling guilt crept through me when I saw the look in Joo Young's eyes.

"I know, I made a mistake." He said referring to what he did to Ja Rim, it shows that he indeed feels sad about what he did.

"Yah," I looked at the person who also entered the room. "Aren't you going home?" Kyung Woo also asked Joo Young.

"I have no energy to go."

"You're making such a fuss over a girl." Kyung Woo sighed.

"You two should go home first." Joo Young told us covering his head with his arm. It's becoming more frustrating than sad seeing him in this state.

"Hey, let's go." Kyung Woo grabbed his collar and slightly pulled him back.

"I don't want to." He continued to protest. Seeing the two interact somehow made me smile. The way Kyung Woo spoke softly was something new to me since he always speaks very cold.

"I said, let's go." Kyung Woo took his phone and grabbed my arm, leading me out the door.

"Give it back." We heard him call out

"Hurry up." He yelled still softly.

"I should talk to Ja Rim," I told him as we waited for Joo Young to come out of the classroom.

He hummed, "tell me what she says."

I nodded my head. Joo Young finally left the classroom and headed towards us.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"I know you're mad at him, but can you at least talk to him?" I said to the other line as I heard Ja Rim sighed for a hundred times.

"What he did was wrong and I don't plan on forgiving him for it." She replied angrily.

"Are you becoming mad at me?"

"I've noticed something about you." She said on the other line. I could feel my heartbeat quicken its pace.

"What is it?"

"You and Min Ji seem to truly want me and Joo Young to be together."

"That's because..." Two of us went silent, her waiting for me to continue my sentence while I struggled to find the right words to continue it.

"Cha Yoo Na?"

"You've been guarded all your life," I admitted, "I just want you to ease up a bit. Not everyone is like that piece of trash."

This time it was her that went silent for a minute before she could finally answer back.

"I know what you mean." She softened her voice. "I gotta go."

I hummed before she ended our call. Lying on my bed, I closed my eyes waiting for darkness to swallow me completely. I hope tomorrow won't be awkward for both Ja Rim's group and Joo Young's. I value every friendship I enter in and I don't want it to be broken over a love story gone wrong.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

Teaser:

"Did you hear what happened to Gong Joo Young and Wang Ja Rim?"

Hearing those just made me want to leave the classroom and ditch what the teacher tasked me to do.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"I don't get this." Min Ji said eating her rice. It was lunch and Ja Rim had found a reason to not eat with us. "Do couples usually fight like this?" She asked looking at me.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"This is uncomfortable." I sighed.

"I hate this." Byung Hoon added.

✎﹏﹏Don't forget to vote and comment I would pretty much like to hear your thoughts.