Chapter 30: His Scars

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

"Yoo Na. Let's go." Ja Rim commanded dragging me out of the classroom.

We needed to talk about Kyung Woo and why he was acting like that. The rest have already gathered at the music room minutes ago leaving me and the couple. When we reached the door, Joo Young signaled us to stop so that we could listen to what Ah Ram was talking about.

Because of the current situation, I had to control my laughter with Ah Ram's theory about the love triangle between Jo Seung Min, Lee Kyung Woo, and Gong Joo Young.

When we noticed that their discussion was going nowhere, we decided to finally enter.

"You guys should never try to do any detective work." Ja Rim commented as we enter the room. I closed the door behind me to prevent anyone from seeing us and possibly eavesdrop on our conversation.

"So, what do you think about my hypothesis?" Ah Ram ignored Ja Rim and asked us.

"It's not like that." Joo Young replied as we three take our seats.

"But I'll give you a credit for figuring out that Lee Kyung Woo did like someone." Kyung Min told Ah Ram ultimately cheering her up.

"Who is it?" Ah Ram asked straightening herself anxiously.

"Was it a boy?" I added mostly meant as a joke, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"I don't know." Kyung Min shrugged, "He never talked about it."

"Gong Joo Young." Byung Hoon called, "Didn't you hear anything?" Hearing this, we turned our heads to Joo Young. They've been friends since middle school, he must know something if not, everything.

Joo Young pondered for a bit before speaking, "Her name is..." he looked at us unsure if he was making the right choice of telling Kyung Woo's past. "Nam Yu Ri."

∴ ════ ∴ 💘 ∴ ════ ∴

"He really liked Nam Yu Ri." Joo Young commented after telling us a short background story of Kyung Woo and Yu Ri.

"Then why did they break up?" Min Ji asked.

"The thing is..." He stopped, he clearly still wasn't sure if telling us was the right idea. "It was because of Jo Seung Min."

"It's a tragic romance, see I was right?" Ah Ram told us, still apathetic that we were serious.

"In some ways yes." Joo Young agreed with her. "I think Jo Seung Min likes Nam Yu Ri. That's why he said weird things to the girls and made them spread rumors."

"It's kind of obvious what kind of rumors those are." Ah Ram once again started, telling us that Nam Yu Ri got married and has an ex-husband.

"Yah!" We all called her attention bringing her back to reality.

"What's wrong with you, did you eat something funny." Kyung Min asked, a little annoyed.

"If it caused them to break up. It couldn't have been good rumors."

"Almost all rumors are terrible and cruel." I let my head fall remembering a similar situation I was once put in.

"Yeah." Joo Young told us, "The rumors said that Nam Yu Ri was seeing multiple guys."

"What a pathetic rumor." I saw Ja Rim look at me. "So did Lee Kyung Woo believe them?"

"He was young back then." Joo Young reasoned out. "The rumors played a part, but Jo Seung Min was the one who ultimately split them up."