Chapter 12 - Training and Wolves

Elijah was having me train his new pet and newly turned vampire Gia. She tried to punch me and I caught her fist effortlessly.

"You hit like a girl." I comment with a bored look.

"Tell me again why I don't get to be outside with everybody else? You know with the nice teacher?" She questions me as Elijah watches on.

"Him." I nod my head towards my husband "Apparently you're his responsibility, being his new pet and all. Myself because I've been trained since I was a child unknowingly to fight the supernatural. That was before I became one myself. There is a rhythm to fighting and not sucking at it. What did you say Elijah, when you taught me?" I glance over at him

"There is a music, there is a meter, there is a pattern. Now let the rhythm beat within you." he quoted himself.

"That's usually followed by some action between the sheets." I shrug "Anyway, I'm also teaching you because my husband knows i have a temper and despite the fact  we're not one one wavelength at the moment he knows that I would probably just rip your head off if I wasn't with the two of you at least half the time. Childhood insecurities are a bitch. Again." she goes for me but I block her.

"Boring." she tries again "Average." She steps away and glares at me

"Glare all you want but the matter of the fact is, that if I wanted to I could rip your heart out before you even blinked so, to prolong your life you have to train with me. Get over it." she tried again.

"Not bad" I blocked and we swapped places during her man overs "meh." she then had me against the wall making me laugh

"Improvement." I stuck my hand in her chest she cried out in pain "I said improvement not amazing. The training means nothing if you can't make the kill. Your a vampire, sooner or later someone is gonna die because of you and their life will be in your hands like your is in mine right now."

"What...what if i can't." I realised her and she took a deep breath

"You'll need to if you want to survive." I walk away and Elijah hand me a handkerchief and i wipe the blood away. "The first kill sucks especially if their innocent, as you'll go on you'll learnt to compartmentalise the good person from the bad, a morality, a code which you live by which makes things easier."

"What's yours?" she wondered

"My loved ones. In house fighting is normal, especially with him and his siblings but there are outsiders like the wolves, Esther, Finn and Mikael where they're family but they're insane so it's more of a mercy killing to prevent further damage. It's complicated and sometimes the lines are blurred."

"Elijah, Beth." I look over to Hayley standing on the steps "We need to talk." she says coming down and then I smell a wolf. Gia steps forward and i rush to push her back.

"We're not hear for a fight. Just hear him out." Hayley assures and Elijah comes over to join us.

"Speak." Elijah orders "I suggest you be succinct"

"Please. I need your help." he looked down and i raised an eyebrow to my husband, now this was a turn of events that I wasn't expecting.

-------------

I learned the wolf's name to be Aiden, he was explaining to Elijah, Marcel, Oliver, Josh and I the problem he was facing.

"The witch wants soldiers. So now, it's join up or pay the price." Aiden explained

"I've known my brother Finn to be merciless. But I admit this exceeds even my expectations." Elijah replied

"Really because I've always thought that with the huge stick up his ass that your mother controls he's more cuckoo than Nik." I commented folding my arms

"They're just kids." Hayley states "Marcel you know the quarter like the back of your hand. If anyone can get them out, it's you."

"And take them where?" Marcel wonders

"There are still wolves deep in the bayou. The one's that didn't take a ring, they can look after them." Oliver suggested

"The one's who never sold out you mean." Marcel corrected him and I smirked, that was funny.

"If you wanna look at it like that, that's fine. We did what we had to do." Oliver retorted

"Oh you mean screw over your Queen cause that makes total sense." I add

"You wolves have been fighting us for decades. Why trust us now?" Marcel made a valid point and Aiden shared with us the reason.

"One of the recruits is my little brother. There is no way I'm sending him to war." nothing to make a man turn when it hits closer to home than he's comfortable with. Elijah stepped forward to him.

"Tell us what you need." he subtle agreed to help the scared wolf. and we came up with a plan.