Chapter 5

Chapter 5

January 27th 20XX

Tokyo, Japan

Hawk's Apartment

9:15 AM

Hawks had gotten home and went straight to bed and then of course sleep, out of all the things he valued, sleep was one of the highest. Sleep relaxed his body, made him stronger, faster and more agile. He wasn't one of these new age believers who thought sleep was the key to eternal happiness, no that was something that sleep had't given him any happiness, he hid that fact from everyone. 

He sat on his leather couch and pondered about how he should proceed not wanting to dwell on emotions. He didn't like reporting to his superiors, especially when he was in the middle of something. This investigation was given to him and for him and he would decide what he was going to do. 

Hawks stood up and began to pace around his apartment, thinking about navigating the old sewer systems he would need to research their layouts, the old sewer system was technically a sealed off area that was sealed. It was long and it could even be considered a labyrinth. Hawks could see why Lucky Seven would stage his base of operations there. 

Hawks also had a second problem. This was by far the biggest problem he was faced with. He knew that he can't fly up in the sky with his wings, he was at a disadvantage. Hawks thought over what Giran had said about Lucky Seven, Hawks knew that he could be faster, however that was still a risk, this whole thing was risky and if it wasn't for Hawks's pride he would have gathered a team to handle this. That had never been his style anyway, he didn't mind working in a pair but still solo

He sat down at a large marble table where a holographic screen appeared, he started typing on the keyboard as he looked back through the city files. Having government access definitely came in handy. Hawks scanned through the files until he stumbled upon a picture of an old map. He opened the file and zoomed in on the image to see a map of the sewer system before it was fully sealed off. The sewer was an offspring of a giagantic water basin in the center with tunnels and service bridges crossing the murky sewer river. Hawks assumed that Lucky Seven would be in the center basin. 

Hawks pushed his blonde hair back, Lucky Seven held a multude of advantages over Hawks and it would take his all to defeat Lucky Seven. He would start with scouting out the old sewer tunnels and work his way up through there. He cracked his knuckles and stretched his arms, it was show time.