Chapter 9

Chapter 9

January 27th 20XX

Tokyo, Japan

Lucky Seven Sewer Tunnel A

11:20 AM

...

Hawks walked down the mossy cold stone steps as the detestable and wretched damp air filled his nose. He hated the smell, the repugnant stench was the opposite of the refreshing smell and feel of the sky. The stone walls slowly disappeared surrounding Hawks in the metal pipes of the sewer system. He was disgusted as the rot left by the forgotten sewer had been festering here for who knows how long. 

He had looked at the layout of the sewer system more times then he would like to admit to himself and found where he was, Hawks sighed he had a long way to go, he would have to go through at least a mile of filth to get to Lucky Seven. Hawks’s hatred was building as he had to get through this without using his feathers, he knew that he couldn’t waste too much of his power. Conserving his power was more important than going through this filth. 

Hawks focused his mind on what the informant Giran had said to him about a fight with Lucky Seven, he knew the odds were stacked up against him. If Ava was an indicator of how strong Lucky Seven was and the mystery of Atlas. Hawks thought about what Atlas could mean, he would have to do more research after he beat Lucky Seven. 

Hawks’s thoughts were interrupted by a deep voice that shook the tunnel

Lucky Seven: Ah so you were the one who killed Ava, I could taste her death, so sweet, so somber

Hawks: Lucky Seven I presume

Lucky Seven: Well Well Well aren’t you the smart one

Hawks: Ya know it's a real honor to meet you

Lucky Seven: Oh I love when a new toy is so eager to meet me, the legendary Lucky Seven

Hawks: Your a cocky bastard aren't ya

Lucky Seven: We will see about that won't we

Hawks: You bet we will

Lucky Seven: I can’t wait to see how strong you are, then again if you managed to push Ava to use the pills then you really are something

Hawks began to run through the tunnel when he got to the center where Lucky Seven sat on a red stone throne. Lucky Seven had yellow eyes and long red hair that was mixed with a onyx pattern. His left arm was covered in huge bronze plates that had gears fixed on the outside. He was tall at least seven and a half feet tall. He had a dark aura around him that made Hawks feel uneasy. Hawks however would not let this feeling hinder his goal, he will defeat Lucky Seven no matter what.

Hawks: Thanks for the compliment

Lucky Seven: So do really think you have a chance to defeat me?

Hawks: How about we play a game and find out, I challenge you to a duel

Lucky Seven: Now you have peaked my interest, very well then come at me

Hawks: This is your end

Lucky Seven: THEN KILL ME IF YOU CAN, LET US FIGHT TO THE DEATH