Chapter 8

Chapter 8

January 27th 20XX

Tokyo, Japan

Downtown Tokyo

11:15 AM

...

The woman retracted the wires back into her fingernails and jumped down to the ground, the addict falling to the ground at the same time. She looked at Hawks, studying his movements. 

Woman: Are you going to stay up there this whole time?

Hawks: Why did you have to kill him?

Woman: He owed money, if he’s here he must have the money. Taking it off his corpse would be so much easier

Hawks: What is wrong with you

Woman: My, my I haven’t intoduced myself yet, my name Is Ava and I’ll be the one who sends you to hell

Ava shot out the metal wires as Hawks flew down a ducked under a pillar. Ava had predicted he would do that. She shot them through the pillar narrowly missing Hawks. Hawks knew that he couldn’t just stay on the defensive.

Hawks: So are you just gonna chase me, I know I’m handsome and all but this is too much

Ava: Well don’t you have a smart mouth, I’ll make sure I rip it to pieces!

Hawks knew that he touched a nerve, using the opportunity that he had so graciously made for himself he flew around the pillar as fast as he could and shot his feathers at her. She knew that she would have to retract her wires in order to cut through the feathers, lucky for her, the wires were faster than the feathers. 

Ava: Ha your little pathetic feathers are no match for my Metal Strings, my ability is the one of the strongest quirks in Atlas 

Hawks took a mental note of the name she had mentioned, Atlas, as he flew up in the air sending more feathers her way. Ava cut through the feathers yet again however this time a single feather cut her face, the blood gushing out of the wound on her cheek. She recoiled, afflicted by the sharp pain that radiated across her face. 

Ava: Damm you

Hawks: Aww come on now, we are just getting started sweetie

Ava was enraged, she was in charge of guardian Lucky Seven, she was a prodigy, her quirk was one of the strongest in Atlas, she could not be defeated by an egotistical yellow haired boy with feathers of all things. 

Ava: You can’t defeat me foolish boy

Hawks: Pretty sure I am

Hawks knew without a single doubt in his mind that he was getting under her skin and they both were well aware of it. Hawk’s powers didn’t just come from his quirk, his habit of flirting with his opponents was both a strength and a weakness to him. However he wasn’t ashamed of this part of him, their were parts of him that he was truly ashamed of but he pushed those thoughts aside.

Ava knew that she would have to take the pills that Lucky Seven had given her, this would guarantee her win. She smiled knowing that her victory was inevitable, her head filled with visions of victory as she would put so many holes through his smug face her would be unrecognizable.

Ava: Now you will pay, unlike you I have an ace up my sleeve

Ava took the bottle she had been servretly carrying in her pocket, opening the bottle with a crack. Victory was in her hands as she chugged the entire bottle down, she had to have swallowed at least 30. She gagged slightly as she pulled a paper out of her mouth, wet from her saliva.

Ava: *muttering* If you had to use these, it is a last resort. I have np  ise for weaklings , no doubt I’ll be seening you in hell

Ava tried to grab the pills out of her throat, but she was too late. All of the veins in her body exploded, her eyes pooling with blood as Metal Springs shriveled and retracted into her fingers as she fell to her knees the blood in her head had killed her as she fell to the ground in a puddle of her own blood

Hawks was horrified, normally things like this wouldn’t bother him in the slightest. But this was different, this was sick and twisted. No doubt about it, Lucky Seven had done this to her, and even though she was his enemy, someone who would have killed him with no mercy and a huge smile on her face. He was enraged at Lucky Seven, he would pay for what he had done to her and so many others.

Two columns  moved as a passageway appeared, a stairway that descended downward, he was endowed with the ability to avenge Ava, and if Lucky Seven was down there he would make him pay. He took the sweatshirt off leaving his chest exposed and bare. With that he walked down the staircase into the unknown below.