Chapter 18

Chapter 18

January 28th 20XX

Edogawa, Tokyo Japan

4:00 PM

...

Hawks sat on a park bench while he recollected his thoughts about finding this serial killer. He knew it was just busy work as the investigation was definitely not a high priority. Is he had to make a bet he would say that they were investigating Atlas.

Hawks knew they wanted him far away from the Atlas case. He still didn't regret his decision to fight Lucky Seven alone. While he was being punished for what he did a punishment was just.

He thought about his father, he didn't like thinking about him yet he was stuck in his mind like a cursed piece of himself. What happened to his father was justice even if he was his father he knew that his loyalty to justice was above his need to save his family.

Then again he didn't consider them family, if anyone was actually his family it was Domino but Hawks burnt those bridges. Domino doesn't want anymore involvement with him and Hawks understood why Domino would make that decision.

Aya: So you are just going to sit there without giving me a full report

Hawks: Well I was going to. Wait why are you here

Aya: Call it a coincidence

Hawks: We both know nothing that happens with you is a coincidence

Aya: Is that so

Hawks: You have some news for me

Aya: Your being suspended for the foreseeable future

Hawks: Wait what you can't do that

Aya: Look Atlas is a big deal and we can't risk it

Hawks: We can't or you can't

Aya: Look it's them, they wanted to put you on trial for what happened with Lucky Seven

Hawks: How is that fair

Aya: It's not but at the moment my hands are completely tied so there is nothing I can do at the moment.

Hawks was furious but he knew that it wasn't Aya's fault. At least she was on his side even if she couldn't do anything to help him. He knew that if he disobeyed that it would only hurt Aya's career.

Hawks: I understand, so do I still get rent paid or do I have to become a cat maid

Aya: First off is that some sort of weird fetish and second your rent will be paid for you in exchange for you staying inside your apartment.

Hawks: As much as I hate it I'll do it

Aya was surprised, she assumed that Hawks would pull some rebellious stunt and fly off. She was happy yet confused by his reaction, if she was being honest she wasn't sure which one she would have preferred.

Hawks: So I best be heading off

Aya: Wait

Hawks: What is it

Aya: Thank you for everything

Hawks: Awww gratitude. It looks good on you

Aya: Can it or I will have you thrown on prison

Hawks smiled as he flew off. As much as he liked the freedom to fly amongst the clouds high above the people maybe having to stay inside wouldn't be too bad. Hawks knew that he could enjoy the break, of course he didn't know how long it would take but he felt in a sense better.

Aya however knew Hawks was valuable but the people with authority had a better say in everyone. Still she didn't fully trust them after she had heard about the rumors of the artic incident. It was one of the biggest cover-ups in history and the fact that no many people noticed was a miracle. Yet the ones that did know were silenced.

She had heard about a army made of gold and some kids doing something in the fight. Insane rumors and it was what made the story all the more difficult to believe. The artic incident is what broke the proper balance of the World Government.

She turned to leave the park. She knew for now she had to count on Hawks to follow the rules and keep everything balanced.