What are you doing to me?

—Humbug Alex

"I can't do this, I'm so tired of trying"

"I can't do this, I'm so tired of trying". Alex said, burying his face on his hands. His elbows were resting in a library table.

"Come on, just try again. You can absolutely do this, just don't give up". Violet, who was sitting by his side, tried to cheer him up, failing in the attempt.

"This is too hard for me, Vi, maths aren't my thing." He rested his head in the table, pulling his hair slightly.

"That's not true! Come on, I'll explain it to you again." As Violet hugged him tightly, he sat up. Violet was resting her head in his shoulder, caressing Alex's neck with her small nose and pecking his cheeks.

Alex turned his head, watching the image of his girlfriend sitting next to him, cuddling him covertly, as she didn't want anyone to notice them. He smirked and kissed Violet's head, trying to show her how much he appreciated her watch him struggle with maths.

He didn't want to let her down; she had spent so many hours of her spare time explaining him over and over again how to formulate, substitute the "Xs" and do logarithmic equations. Therefore, he would try with all of his strength to pass the exam, and then he would make it up to her in every single way.

"Come on, let's try one last time." He stole a short kiss from Violet's lips, making her blush and smile.

He grabbed his pen and a new piece of paper, and started scribbling numbers and mathematical symbols down the page. Violet looked at him carefully, her eyes were full of love and tenderness, as nobody had ever given her that strange feeling in her stomach, which she was trying to figure out completely, although the symptoms indicated very clearly which her disease was: love.

"I'm done. Check it out, Vi". While Violet was submerged in her thoughts, Alex had finished the problem, and now he was handing his girlfriend the little piece of paper with many numbers and expressions on it.

"Oh, that's great. Give me a sec, please". She took the paper and scanned it, revising it. Alex's eyes were locked on her as he bit his nails, nervously.

When she finished, she offered Alex a sweet smile, looking at him in the eye.

"It's correct. I think you've finally got it, Al".

"Yes! Fucking finally!" He grabbed Violet's face and kissed her lips shortly multiple times, prolonging the last kiss a bit more. When he stopped, he pecked her nose quickly and put his forehead against her, caressing her cheeks with his thumbs.

"I'm proud of you, babe".

"This is all because of you, you know that, right? You're the best teacher ever, you're so patient and you explain everything wonderfully, and your passion for maths is shown in your explanations. I appreciate it so much, I'm so lucky to have you, Vi".

"You're the sweetest, really. Have I told you today how much I love you?"

"Yesterday you did, but today you haven't".