Failing

—Humbug Alex.

Part Two of "What are you doing to me?" Enjoy !!

"Matt! Have you seen Alex? I've been looking for him for about 20 minutes and he's nowhere to be seen..." Violet said after she approached Matt's locker.

"No, I haven't seen him since first period."

"Anything happened? He's not answering my calls."

"I don't know, he's not replying to my messages either. I'm worried, but I really need to go, I have an important exam in 5 minutes and I'm already late. Text me if you find him to let me know he's okay." He closed his locker and leaned in to give Violet a short kiss on the cheek. "See you later?"

"See you. Good luck, Matthew, you're gonna need it". She shouted, as Matt was already walking away. However, he still managed to turned around and show Violet his middle finger.

When he left, Violet took out her phone again from her bag, and called Alex once again. There was no reply still, so Violet decided to head for the one place she knew he could be.

She ran down the stairs and went out to the school's field, more precisely to their secret corner, where they spent hours and hours cuddling and listening to music whenever they felt like ditching classes.

Unsurprisingly, Violet found Alex sat, huddled up against a tree, with his school bag pressed to his chest. His messy hair fell in his forehead, covering his eyes partly.

"Alex?" She said, as she approached him.

"Vi-Violet". He lifted his head, weeping out fast quickly some tears that had fallen of his eyes recently.

"Have you been crying?" Violet sat beside him, throwing her bag to the floor.

"No, I just yawned and that made my eyes water a bit, everything's fine, no need to worry".

"Don't play the fool with me, Turner, I'm not stupid. Something's bothering you. You've been ignoring my calls and Matt's texts for hours, and suddenly I find you here, alone, tears falling from your eyes? Don't try to hide what's obvious, love. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, really. I'm fine, I just didn't feel like going to English".

"Alex, English is your favourite subject, you never skip it. Tell me, for fuck's sake, what's wrong?" She stood up and sat on his lap, placing her legs in both sides of his waist. She reached his hair with his hands, brushing it from his eyes so she could see them clearly. He cupped his cheeks with her palms, looking at him with her gaze fulled of love and understanding.

"I failed maths, after all the effort you put on helping me pass. I'm useless". He tilted his head down and starting staring at the ground and pulling up grass.

"Alex..." She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him for a hug as she stroked his hair slowly. Alex buried his face on her chest, sobbing.

They stood in that position for a few minutes, until Violet pulled away, cupping both of her boyfriend's cheeks with her hands. Her T-shirt was soaked of Alex's tears, which didn't seem to stop.