#10: The Meadow

"How much further?" Jungkook groans, it wasn't that he was tired he was just annoyed that they had been trekking aimlessly for the past few hours and Jungkook was an impatient boy. "Are you sure you aren't luring me to kill me or something?" Jungkook stopped as he turned to look at Jimin behind him who had a blank face the whole while compared to Jungkook who had started non-stop whining about an hour back.

"For the hundredth time, Jungkook, No I am not luring you in to kill you," Jimin said as Jungkook made a face before turning to continue to move forward. "And we are almost there."

"You said that fifteen minutes ago too." Jungkook mimicked Jimin's tone, hearing his words the vampire's lips curved into a barely noticeable smile, this hunter was interesting, he was like a spawn of satan on the outside but hidden within was a little cute creature who was the purest thing the vampire had come across. 

 All this time Jimin had been walking behind him as they had left Busan before Jimin had guided him into the woods, where a really thin deer trail was hidden, and to Jungkook irritation, they had been following this trail for the past few hours.

The woods had gotten darker and Jungkook knew the sun would be sinking soon he opened his mouth meaning to ask Jimin again when the vampire walked up to match his steps with Jungkook.

When Jungkook looked up again he could see the opening to a clearing ahead. 

The moment the soulmates stepped out, Jimin moved his eyes to see Jungkooks reaction who was completely dumbstruck. 

Spread ahead of Jungkook was a beautiful meadow, lush green grass dancing to the wind, and different kinds of flowers matching the pace. The night breeze smelled heavenly fresh, entwined with different scents of all the flowers. The edge of the meadow fell down steeply into a lake that stretched to the horizon where the sinking sun glowed orange but what actually struck the man dumb was that while the sun was setting in front of him, he could see infinite stars twinkling above him.

 The edge of the meadow fell down steeply into a lake that stretched to the horizon where the sinking sun glowed orange but what actually struck the man dumb was that while the sun was setting in front of him, he could see infinite stars twinkling...

It was undoubtedly the most beautiful sight he would ever see.

"Do you like it?" Jimin's voice was heard beside Jungkook who broke out of the trance, and mumbled, "I fucking love it."

It was out of instinct that he turned to look at the vampire and found his eyes glistening with unshed tears. Jungkook immediately forgot everything else and turned to Jimin who also stepped forward, "What's wrong Jimin?"

Jimin lowered his eyes and Jungkook couldn't help but cup Jimin's face and turn it to meet his eyes again. The vampire bit his lips as he started in Jungkooks eyes wanting to say a million things.

"It's weird that my soulmate is a hunter, and all this time I was relucent to accept this when, in fact, I knew this ever since you stepped into Busan." Jungkooks heart started racing while the vampire continued, "Yet I let you trail me maybe because I wanted to know you too despite my mind saying otherwise I - I know that we are sworn enemies and I know that we are also oblivious of what the future holds for you and me however I know that my world is dark." Jimin speaking all these things made Jungkooks heart heavy and anxious, these were all the words he didn't want to hear, words he had been avoiding ever since he woke up this morning. 

"I have been alone for the past two hundred years. I am cursed with darkness. I am supposed to be alone because I will end up hurting anyone who gets close to me. But suddenly I don't want that," Jimin met Jungkooks eyes and Jungkook felt his heartbreak at the pain in Jimin's eyes, " I don't know what love feels like but I know I want to learn how to love with you. I know we are sworn enemies but I want to build dreams and fantasies. I don't know what the future holds for us but I want to venture into it with you." Jimin whispered.

Jungkook felt his vision blur and yet he didn't want to look away still holding Jimin's face in his hands he felt the tears that slid down the vampire's face.

"It's your choice, you can choose to stay or leave but I know that whatever lays ahead won't be easy," Jimin whispered softly and Junkook who had been silent felt his stomach feel weird recalling the moment they shared their first kiss in the woods, recalling how safe it felt in Jimin's arms last night, feeling how right it felt, right now with Jimin.

There were many differences between them but to him, every difference faded away like smoke blowing in the wind. Jimin was right, Jungkook can't reject him without knowing who the vampire really was.

The whole concept of having a soulmate was that, wasn't it? Being the lucky one in a million to meet the person who was made for you, the one who will be yours and yours only? 

A soft breeze sent Jungkook's bangs flying off his forehead and the next moment I felt a certain vampire gently reach out and brush them back into place. Feeling Jimins intense gaze on his face Jungkook's ears burned red, so he turned his gaze towards the sky as he said, "I guess I cant reject you before getting to know you right?"

Jimin's lips curved upwards in a barely noticeable smile, there was a barely noticeable clinking as Jimin pulled out the pendant which had a huge blue stone with the initials 'JK'.

"Before I died, I had a soulmate. This was hers, but I guess it belongs to you now." Jimin whispered and held up the chain. I started at the blue precious stone that seemed to glow slightly before lowering my head, with a slight clinking, the chain slips over my head and around my neck.

"Jeon Jungkook," Jimin whispers, and I apprehend his face is merely inches away from mine, feeling goosebumps rise on my arms as I hear the way my name rolls of his tongue, it makes me realize that this was the first time he said my real name and did not call me 'hunter' or any other nickname. (A/N: I dare you to go find a single place where Jimin calls Jungkooks name in any of the previous chapters. I bet you wont but if you do I promise to update the next chapter within 24 hours.)

I slowly raise my eyes to meet his, our eyes meet for a moment before I feel his lips on mine again. The kiss was sudden causing my inside turn to mush as my knees grow wobbly before giving out beneath me. I sink to my knees in the grass and so does Jimin.

He gently pushes me down so that I lay on the cool grass I can only realize that even though I am 22 years old I dont know much about relationships but I do know that I don't want to be the bottom, but unfortunately being the inexperienced slob that I was I could only lay there and let the vampire take the control. 

___________________________

I guess I am being an ass in updating because I feel sad that this story is gonna be finished soon. Also who wants to know why Jimin is diffrent that normal vampires? 

See you in the next chapter :)