#15: Home

The light was blindingly white for his sensitive eyes, he raised a hand to cover his eyes as he pushed himself up to a sitting position. When his eyes finally adjusted Jungkook was surprised to find himself lying on the cold marble floor of a white celestial-like building, complete with golden pillars. 

But what shocked him was that the place he was in looked like some kind of court, with coldly elegant ladies sitting on the other side sizing him up with their pretty black beady eyes. 

But the hunter could sense they weren't human.

What was this place?

Even if they had human-like appearances they were stiff and too beautiful to be normal humans.  As Jungkook was busy evaluating his surroundings, one of the women sitting in the middle spoke in a cool loud, and clear voice, "Jeon Jungkook, Born: 1st September 1977. Died: 3rd May 2001, Father's name: Jeon Jungseok. Bloodline: Scared blood of Raziel."

When he heard the word died, Jungkook suddenly recalled he had actually died. The look in Jimin's eyes tore him apart, unconsciously tears filled his eyes, as his hand reached for the locket around his neck but it was gone.

Suddenly someone else spoke, "His blood was tainted with the blood of dead when he died."

 Blood of dead? Do they mean Jimin? Jungkook was surprised recalling they had exchanged blood. 

Another woman with dark hair spoke, "He should have turned into a vampire but his angle blood resisted."

Jungkook shivered as he heard the last sentence, turned into a vampire? 

He was unable to stay silent anymore as he finally spoke, "Would anyone bother to tell me why you are talking about me like I am not standing right here?" surprisingly his voice was loud and clear, echoing around the court.

"Jeon Jungkook, you are in the Divine Palace of Heaven and are currently on a trial for tainting the sacred blood of hunters with the blood of devils and... because your soul hasn't died but is instead stuck on the thin boundary between life and death." The cold voice rang out again, it was the women sitting in the middle.

As soon as she finished speaking there was a heavy silence while the wheels in Jungkook's head started turning, he desperately held onto the thought that he hadn't completely died ready to fight for this chance with all he had.  And with a strong determination, he looked up at the celestial judges before him. 

******

The whole study was glittering with many candles. Wind chimes with talismans were hanging in the open windows as softly rang soothing melodies and the white curtains were blowing in the wind.  In the elegant study, Jimin stood in front of the bookshelf that covered the whole wall filled with a collection of many rare and ancient leather-bound books, the oldest about thousands of years old. He walked along until he found the book he was looking for. 

The book Jimin pulled out was wrapped in deep maroon leather, the words 'Zhòuyǔ zhī shū' carved onto the spine. [Trans: The book of spells.] He placed the book on his desk and sat down but as he tried to read he found his attention wavering.

He started at the red leather-bound book in his hand as tears blurred his eyes, he was trying his best to live but an immortal life is nothing more than a curse. He didn't have a hope to die later, and if he died as a vampire he won't have the luxury of the afterlife, he would just burn into ashes that would forever wander the earth.

He just hoped to meet Jungkook again in this life.

At that moment there was a soft knock on the open glass doors of the balcony that were covered by the still white translucent curtains, Jimin frowned as he tried to sense who it was because it surely wasn't Taehyung but try as he might the vampire was unable to sense anything.

He placed the book upside down on his desk as he cautiously approached the balcony door. Maybe it was just Jimin but it felt like the candle's golden flame was brighter and the wind chimes were ringing merrily and the curtain started ruffling in the winds.

He was only a few steps away when he sensed who the person on the other side of the whipping curtains was and the vampire's approaching footsteps halted abruptly and his slow heartbeat skipped a beat. Multiple emotions passed through his eyes, disbelief the most evident.

The person who was on the other side grew impatient and started to knock again before growing annoyed as he shouted, "Jimin, open this door or I will break it."

The vampire finally broke out of his trance and rushed over to open the door, "Jungkook?"

It was like time would stand still or a dream would shatter. The vampire pushed the curtains away, unlatched the door, and pushed it open unable to believe his eyes.

"Jun- gkook?" He whispered.

"Who else would it be?" The words were only spoken when two strong arms wrapped around the hunter. To Jimin, it was one of the many dreams that he would wake up from broken and shattered. Yet those broken dreams had become his refuge.

But as he held Jungkook, he could feel the way the hunter's body radiated warmth, the way his heart was beating against his chest, it all felt too real. Soft silvery tears ran past his cheeks but he didn't want to let go. Afraid to return to reality.

"I feel so alone without you. I feel so afraid that there would be a moment where I will be unable to hold on any longer and I would snap you know? I am afraid I will be unable to keep my promise and -." 

Jungkook's heart was shattered in the few sentences that Jimin spoke, "Don't say anything more."  

Jimin held Jungkook tightly the hunter's face resting in the crook of his neck as the wind blew now long his hair into Jimin's face and the words he had been about to speak died in his throat as he finally realized something was wrong. 

Slowly the vampire reached out a hand and touched the soft brown locks that reached Jungkooks chin, It wasn't a dream?  

Jimin got his conversation when Jimin saw Taehyung walk into the yard from where he was standing and Taehyung who also sensed Jungkook snapped his hand up meeting Jimin's eyes. 

Jimin felt like he was burned as he stepped away from Jungkook, "Wha - what is going on?"

Taehyung also immediately ran inside appearing moments later in front of Jimin, "Jungkook? Didn't you die? What's going on?"

Jungkook was unable to stand almost falling to his knees instead, he was weighed down when he understood just how much pain he had caused his soulmate all this time. What if he had been a little late? Would he have lost Jimin forever?

Jungkook held onto the railing of the balcony, "I am sorry Jimin. I don't deserve to be called your soulmate." 

At that moment, it didn't matter how hurt Jimin himself was, he hated how the words that left Jungkooks mouth were like knives cutting him apart. 

He pushed Taehyung away and caught Jungkook in his embrace, only realizing how pale and weak Jungkook seemed and the way his eyes were full of pain. He didn't understand what was going on but one thing was clear that Jungkook was right here in his arms. And that was enough for him.  He kissed Jungkooks forehead as feeling thousands of emotions rushing through himself a single tear leaving his blue eye getting caught in Jungkooks lashes, "Nothing matters, I don't know what happened but it's over now and we are okay," 

Jimin gently cradled Jungkook's head against his chest, eyes teary, "I love you." He finally got a chance to say the words he didnt back then.

When he heard the words Jungkook wanted to reply but he was unable to as darkness took over him but he didn't resist because he was in the safety of his soulmate arms. 

He was finally home.

________________________
Surprise?