#9: A Soulmate thing

I felt the warmth on my face and the bright sunlight shining on the other side of my closed eyelids.

When I woke up I felt refreshed. I had a long dreamless sleep.

Only after a moment had passed did I realize that I was in a foreign place.

I sat up and the warm quilt slid off my torso. I was curled up on the soft sofa in the vampires living room, who was nowhere to be seen.

My heart accelerated as I recalled how I kissed the vampire last night.

And we had bonded.

I placed my head in my hands suddenly overwhelmed with the many thoughts crowding my mind.
I was unsure on how to proceed from here: should I just accept the fact that my soulmate was my sworn enemy and ignore that I was fated to kill him? Or should I just ignore that he was my soulmate and kill him as soon as possible?

I quickly pushed the quilt away as my mind buzzed and picked up my weapons - that Jimin must have stripped off last night - from the table.

I quickly tucked in my weapons straightened my clothes to be somewhat decent before I bolted out the door.

I ran like I was chased by wild dogs using most of the recovered strength. I quickly ran inside the motel, locked the door of my room behind me, before collapsing on the bed.

I buried my face into the sheets and tried not to think of anything. A few moments passed and I felt like I would go crazy so I got up again and stripped before stepping into the bathroom.

Ever since my dad died and grandpa started training Hoseok and me, there were many times whereas a teenager I would be conflicted, angry, upset or even frustrated but I would be unable to voice what bothered me or speak to someone then I would fill a bathtub with hot water and soak while I spoke to myself mentally.

So that's what I did now.

I sat there for more than an hour, arguing with myself. Regardless, the only thought that came to me over and over was that Jimin had saved me. He broke the pact with other vampires for me. And how warm his embrace felt.

I was torn that we can't be together despite being soulmates. In the end, I decided I would go with the flow and let fate play out.

I had pulled on my clothes when my stomach rumbled. I haven't had anything to eat for the past two days and have been solely relying on my strength alone. As a hunter, I could survive perfectly fine without food for up to a week. But why ignore hunger when I had no reason to do so?

I decided I would just go and buy something from the motel cafeteria when there was a knock on the door.

My heart skipped a beat. Who could it be at this moment?

My mind wandered to Jimin before I shook the thought off. He might be stupid but he isn't that stupid to show up on my door uninvited.

Then I remembered Jimin warning me to be careful about Victoria and not to invite any stranger in.

But why could I not sense if it was a vampire or a human? Could it be because of Jimin's blood that I drank last night that my hunter senses have dulled?

I picked up a knife and hid it behind my back and walked over to the door before I peeped through the hole and my eyes widened in surprise as the tensed muscle relaxed before they tensed again. This time for a whole different reason.

On the other side of the door stood none other than my brother, Hoseok.

My heart raced. What was he doing here? Had he found out about Jimin? Was he here to take over my hunt for me? Would he kill Jimin now? Why was my heart so sad at the thought?