Epilogue: The Miracle

So I am finally here with 5.2k words. Also, I kinda have a surprise for you all at the end I guess? Also you all better be wearing hanboks.

{Not proofread.}

2 years later

Somewhere in Busan

The sky was a soft shade of purple, pink-orange, and blue, visible on the other side beyond the cliff at the meadow. The route to the meadow, which once was a deer trail, was now marked and graveled on either side, the trees were entwined with lights, and from the branches hanging were paper lanterns swinging in the cool spring breeze.

Jungkook held a bouquet of white flowers in his hands, his hair softly blowing in the wind as he strode on the path dressed in a red hanbok with a golden belt

He felt like he would drift apart.

He took a nervous breath yet his feet did not flatter, steadily walking on the path he has stridden upon dozens of times before.

Walking to his most favorite place.

Hoseok who walking beside him gently patted his shoulder, "It's okay he is there waiting for you at the end of the path."

A gust of cool wind sent the lanterns swaying and the wind touched Jungkook's cheeks, brushing his skin and it was like a weight had shed from his shoulders.

That's right he is waiting, he always has been and he always will.

Walking this path which would lead him to Jimin and an 'always' with the vampire, Jungkook slowly let his walls down so that when he held Jimin's hand it would be with all his heart laid bare.

When autumn comes the trees shed their leaves and in the spring bloom anew.

He had let go of everything and was ready to start a new life.

He had let go of all the grudges he held against the vampire before. It didn't matter anymore. Because in the end what had ever stood in the way of heart? That he was a hunter? Or that Jimin was his sworn enemy?

These mortal boundaries never mattered when the soul made decisions.

And Jungkook's soul had long since claimed Jimin as his.

The long path came to an end and the flickering lights burning in the meadow came into the view. The meadow was in full bloom in the spring and fairy lights were glittering like stars.

Almost as if they had come to witness this moment too.

There he stood in the middle of the meadow inside a small gazebo, dressed in a similar traditional red hanbok, his forehead bare and grey hair pushed back.

There was a breeze creasing the vampire's hair, hugging him gently before moving to embrace the hunter. 

Jimin's eyes were nervous but Jungkook saw them relax when he sensed his soulmate's arrival.

Jungkook's stomach felt funny, his insides turning to mush. They were getting married after two years.

And yes it had taken two years for Jungkook to make his decision.

Jungkook's feet hesitated when he had entered the clearing; not because he had been doubting his decisions but because he was stunned and momentarily overwhelmed.

It had taken two years for the hunter to finally attain peace with himself and his destiny. But now that he was here he won't turn back ever. He was here for the rest of his life.