#4: The Golden Thread

"Rest in peace," Jungkook growled," oh but I forgot vampires don't have an afterlife."

Jimin closed his eyes at the hunter's words his expression turned pained.

But it lasted only a second.

Jimin laughed all of a sudden taking Jungkook by surprise.

"Oh, but I forgot that you are just another hunter too full of yourself." He mimicked as at the last words Jimin poked his fingers in Jungkooks stomach causing the hunter to grunt in pain.
His hand holding the blade trembled and Jimin used that as an opportunity. He ducked and swiped his leg in the direction of the hunter.

Jungkook collapsed as his legs went out from beneath him. The stake tumbled away with a clatter and came to rest and the vampire's feet.

Jungkook jumped to his feet in a flash and charged at the vampire. His lips pulled back in a snarl.

He ran at full speed at the vampire and kicked pulling all of his abilities to their limit.
The moment his leg collided with Jimins stomach a sharp pain shot through his side. The vampire flew back like a doll smashing into the trunk of the tree and causing the tree to smash into the one behind it like a domino chain.

A puff of dust rose in the air and the hunter stood up as he walked to where the vampire lay.
There was sweat trickling down Jungkook's forehead, his hair curling from the energy as his chest heaved with every breath.

There was a puddle of blood beneath the vampire his arms and legs twisted at an uneven angle. His clothes were ripped.

Jungkook felt a pang in his heart at the sight. 

He is a vampire and I meant to kill him.

He shook his head and grabbed a branch to kill the vampire.

He raised the branch grabbing it in both hands.  But it was almost as if something was holding him back.

STOP! He told himself as he closed his eyes and pulled the branch back and down.

A loud echo resounded through the forest as the branch was slammed home.

He opened his eyes, two pools of brown glittering beautifully. He held back a sob but a tear slipped down his cheek. He couldn't even look at the dead vampire. He turned away.
He was almost hoping that the vampire would come back like always. But that won't happen every time. He took a shaky breath. Trying to calm his heart. 

Trying to accept the fact that Park Jimin was dead.

"I warned you," a voice whispered in Jungkook's ear.

He whirled around but there was no one behind him. He turned back and almost screamed when he saw the vampire standing there. A fire burning in his eyes.

"Ji -Jim - No!" Jungkook screamed as the vampire leaped at him. His fangs sinking in Jungkook's neck.

A sharp pain shot through his neck spreading towards his chest. Increasing every minute. 

Jungkook almost passed out because of the pain coursing through his veins, closing his eyes and fisting his hands in the vampire's jacket when Jimin pulled away hissing as if hurt. The moment he pulled away Jungkook collapsed on his knees placing his fingers on his neck wound. Gasping like a dead resurrected.

His whole body felt like it was in the fire.

Tears pricked his eyes but he was too proud to let them out.