Prologue

"I am fated to kill you." Jungkook couldn't help the weakness that crept in his voice. He lowered his head closing his eyes. The blood from the wounds on his neck seeped through his fingers, hot and sticky.

"Fated to kill...me?" Jimin said slowly tasting the words. Jungkook looked up again. Jimin's fangs gleamed menacingly in the dim light. His lips were stained with blood and a trail of blood ran along his chin.

Jungkook's blood.

The woods had fallen silent as if they were listening to the vampire and the young vampire hunter.

Jimin's eyes burned brighter with a raging fire as he said something in a language Jungkook didn't understand but recognized.

It was a spell in the ancient latin...the language of magic.

Jungkook looked up so fast the bones in his neck popped. He watched as at Jimin's words something shimmering appeared in the air between them.

A thin Golden thread.

It unraveled itself, one end stretching to disappear within Jimin's chest and reappearing by his collar bone wrapping around Jimin's left arm as it made its way down to his palm the end tying in a knot around his ring finger.

The other end snapped in Jungkook's direction. Even though he was terrified he was unable to move. The golden thread vanished inside his chest.

He winced waiting for the pain but nothing happened... he felt nothing.

The string appeared at his collarbone and curled down his arm tieing itself in a knot at his ring finger. 

He looked up at Jimin who was watching him. "This is your fate hunter... " he yelled "This is the thread of forever that ties us..."