#13: The Promise

Just so you guys know I dont support tragic endings😊

.
.
.

Jimin should have run away but he was frozen, watching the knife twisting in the air until his mind turned blank and when he came to his senses a moment later he found he was lying on the ground and Jungkook was standing where the vampire had been standing moments ago the knife meant for Jimin was now buried in Jungkook's stomach.

The place where the knife had sunk into the hunter's stomach blood bloomed into a huge stain, Jungkook touched the blood with his fingers and his eyes met Jimin's. Time stood still for a moment as a million things passed through their eyes. 

Time was a very cruel thing, wasn't it? 

"Jungkook!' an inhumane scream pierced through Jimin's throat as he watched Jungkook's beautiful eyes go blank before he collapsed. 

A snarl ripped from Jimin's throat, and Victoria whose cold face had curved into a smile, rejoicing in her victory suddenly felt a shiver race down her back.

She turned her head wanting to look at the vampire but her expression was frozen. She was still smiling when her neck was sliced, her headless body fell back and instantly burned into ashes like her head.

Behind her stood Jimin holding the same dagger that belonged to Jungkooks father, the dagger that Jungkooks grandfather had given him while the old man held desperately on to the hope that his grandson would come home, the dagger that would never go back.

Jimin felt like the world had crumbled under his feet as everything was crumbling turning to dust. His footsteps were unsteady and wobbly and he fell to his knees in front of Jungkooks body, tears streaming down his face as he whispered, "Jungkook?"

Jungkook whose eyes were full of pain as they searched for Jimin, "Jimin?" He held out a trembling hand and while the other blood-stained hand reached out to touch the tears on the vampire's face, "Jimin, why are you crying?" He whispered.

The words completely broke the vampire, "Why am I crying?" Jimin asked wanting to laugh mockingly but only a choked-off sound escaped his throat. Hastily he wiped his eyes with his free hand and took off the coat he had been wearing and used it to put pressure on the wound but no matter how much he tried it was useless. 

He was useless. 

The blood had pooled around Jimins knees and the vampire knew from experience that once the pool of blood had reached a certain size there was no going back. "Jimin." The hunter whispered and Jimin turned his attention to him but he was crumbling, breaking apart.

Maybe he was desperate, maybe he was gambling, but the vampire lowered his head and kissed Jungkook the feeling only made him hurt more, but he held on and tried to heal Jungkook. It was the vampire's last hope. Jungkooks mouth tasted like blood but he didn't care.

At that moment the vampire who had stopped praying for the past three hundred years found himself begging God to not put him through this again. Their tears mixed together as Jungkook counted his last breaths. It was funny, wasn't it?

"I will not be able to live without you Jungkook. You can't leave me. We are meant to be together forever. You cant do this to me. I just found you." Jimin whispered, tears running down his cheeks he looked so helpless and broken.

Jungkook lifted his hand to touch Jimin's tear-streaked face and smiled through the pain. Smiled for Jimin.

Above the bright sky had turned gray suddenly, almost as if the heavens too were mourning with soulmates.

"At least tell me bye, Jimin." Jungkook creased his soulmate's face, smiling through the pain. "Promise me something beautiful. I want to go to sleep peacefully."

"I won't." Jimin pressed his forehead against Jungkook's. He was holding him tightly... Maybe if he held on tight he would be able to keep Jungkook with him.

Maybe he would fool death, he would fool fate into believing that Jungkook was still his.

His tears slipped down his cheeks and rolled down onto Jungkook's cheeks. He wanted some hope but everything had turned dark and cold in moments, all of their dreams had shattered and turned to dust.

"I love you Jungkook. I will always love you. You are the only reason I live. You will always be the reason I live. I am yours and I will always stay yours. Forever." Jimin sobbed but he knew he was too late. He wished he had said those words before.

"Wait... for... me, Okay? I... will come back... for you," Jungkook whispered and Jimin felt like nothing would hurt more than this moment, nothing would feel worse even if someone ripped his beating heart from his chest.

"I... lo-ve..you," Jungkook wanted to tell Jimin but suddenly the hunter took a sharp breath in which a few images passed in front of his eyes; His father as he corrected a five-year-old Jungkook's posture, his mother laughing as she wore a flower crown, hoseok as he spared with Jungkook, his grandfather sending him on his first hunt and Jimin kneeling before the hunter as the forever-tie glowed turning white.

The hand on Jimin's cheek fell down limply and a silent single tear rolled down the hunter's cheek. 

Thunder screamed. As the vampire also fell limply over the hunter's body, passing out from the pain, exhaustion, and blood loss from countless injuries.

Jimin woke up to the sight of a huge expense of a glittering sky above him. He was in the meadow where he had fallen asleep at some point listening to Jungkook. 

He was sweating as he recalled the dream. It was the worst thing he had experienced in his awfully long life. 

Jungkook who was staring at the stars noticed something was wrong with the vampire and he pushed himself to an elbow as he looked at the older.

"What's wrong?" The hunter brushed his hands through the vampire's soft locks.

"Jungkook?" Jimin gripped Jungkook's calloused hands tightly, the hands he had thought he would never hold again. Tears sprang up in his eyes again as he thanked that God his prayers had been answered. 

He lowered his head, eyes tightly shut as he kissed Jungkooks face. Littering it with kisses, the hunter was surprised but soft giggles escaped his lips when he was attacked with kisses. His cheeks were painted a soft red as he tried to push the vampire away.

"Stop, haha, it tickles." Jungkook tried again to push the vampire away but instead of moving off Jimin wrapped himself against Jungkook, burying his face in Jungkook's neck.

And it was then that Jungkook realized that Jimin was crying.

"Whats wrong?" Jungkook's frown deepened as he stopped struggling and instead let Jimin cling onto him as if the vampires life depended on it.

Jimin shook his head as he whispered, "Promise me you will never leave me alone."  

Jimin didn't know if it was relief that he felt but he felt like this wasn't just a dream, it was too real and the vampire's sixth sense told him that something was horribly wrong.  Why did he not feel safe even when holding his soulmate this close and he knew that Jungkook's death was a dream? 

Jungkook nodded, "I promise."

___________________
There is another update so vote and swipe for the next part.