Chapter 6: The Lost Labratory

Cold rooms were not Kallen's thing. Apparently they weren't Wavyrn's thing either with the way they both complained. At the very least Kallen knew he could relax for right now. He couldn't shake off what happened a few days ago however. The body on the wall and the books stuck with him not to mention what happened with Nicole.

" Clear your mind boy, strife will not help you here" Wavyrn said as Kallen laid on his bed. He had planned to get something to eat and do his schoolwork but their was police presence outside. According to them a man in his 40s died yesterday and they haven't been able to find the killer. He wasn't the type to go investigate things that didn't pertain to him so he left that alone.

" I understand Kallen, there are times when I miss them as well"

Kallen walked around his home for a moment before he noticed his phone ringing from the kitchen. He wondered if it was the landlord but his bills were paid for so that wasn't it. It could be Bridget but it was usually Veronica who called him anyways. Couldn't be his parents they acted like he didn't exist half of the time. He had run out of reasons to prolong this call so he walked over

" Hey Kal"

" Des? What's up"

"Nothing" she said, the eagerness in her voice becoming more and more obvious. " Was just wondering how you're doing"

" I'm good I guess, yesterday wasn't the best day but it's not like it can get much worse"

" Yeah Nicole told me about what happened, sorry about all that"

" Thanks" Kallen replied as he began to walk around the apartment.

" Hey Kal, you doing anything on Saturday?"

" Yeah I'm kind of backlogged. Why?"

" Ummmm" she started to mutter something under her breath before she said it aloud to him.

" I was thinking we could hang out. It's been a while since we did anything fun with me moving out west and you being here obviously. We don't get to see each other on campus outside of the pavilion so"

" Oh" Kallen said as he tripped on a wire. " I.. Um I have something to do on Saturday for my job. What about Monday after school. We can meet after class if that's cool with you?"

" No can do Kal, my dads coming over on Sunday to see me and the mother".

" We can try next Saturday at the movies. Like that time back in elementary"

" When you snuck in behind that old lady huh" Destiny said as Kallen sat down on his couch.

" Alright so Saturday at 8 works. I'll get the tickets and pay for the snacks"

" What a gentlemen. I'll drive us there"

" That's fine with me. See you then"

"Bye"

Kallen was a bit overjoyed now. He didn't expect that to come from the call. He also didn't expect a knock to come at his door. He peeped outside the hole to see who it was when he spotted black hair and pins on a jacket.

" Bridge? What is it?"

" Shut up and come on. They've found the labratory. We don't have much if any time. You know Long Island pretty well right?"

" Like the back of my hand"

" That's good" she said as Kallen put on his sneakers and jacket. " You'll have to lead us underground till we get to the destination. Be prepared Kallen, this isn't going to be a walk in the park".