Chapter one

"I would like to have a child Juliet." He stated, piercing my soul with a sharp glare. He's been bringing up the idea of having a baby for months now.

"Deontay, I'm not ready yet." The mere thought of conceiving caused a cold shiver to run through my body.

"Same old bloody excuse. We've been dating for 5 years, married for 4 and yet you're not ready?" He asked getting slightly angry.

I frown.

Why couldn't he just drop the matter? Who in their right mind doesn't consider their partners feelings regarding such a life changing decision?

I will not be forced into having a child whilst married to Deontay.

"I'll think about it", I said - really hoping to end this conversation and walking over to the bathroom.

Who would of thought that my life would be the complete opposite of what I envisioned?

From an unexpected encounter with a man I had fallen madly inlove with and making the worst decision of my life by marrying him, to living a life like an animal.

I once had a purpose in life. To graduate, get a job, have fun and invest in a business idea that will generate me enough funds to live a comfortable life.

And then Deontay happended. 

Deontay Rossi was no ordinary man. He's a possessive, cold and demanding husband who doesn't take no for an answer. He murders anyone that stands in his way and skins any living soul that looks my way.

Deontay and I are nothing alike. I love to read book, binge watch tv shows, take walks, be in the garden and cook. But what can I can say? Opposites attract don't they.

After I've finished with my morning routine, I get dressed and go downstairs.

Upon reaching there, I spot Deontay eating breakfast.

I sat on the opposite side of the table, making us face one another.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked, his dark gaze trained on her.

Did I mention how scary Deontay is?

"I'm not hungry. Actually I was wondering if I could visit Claire. Please." I asked as nerves climbed up to my spine.

Why was the air so hot all of a sudden?

Claire is my best friend. We met on the bus in Cleveland and we've been inseparable ever since. The funny thing is that she shokingly resembled Deontay. They jad the same blue eyes and same jet black hair. But that could just be a coincidence right?

She is American and amd Deontay is Italian.

"No." His voice sounding to have an edge to it.

I should of stopped then when I noticed his hand tick. But me being me, I continued to ask anyway.

"I promise I won't ask to go out again. Just this once, please.", I plead feeling a huge lump form in my throat.

"Shut the fuck up." He abruptly stood up and slapped me across the face.

He's always so rough with me. Never missing a chance to lay his hands on me. Deontay could never resolve a problem in a gentle manner. He always has to hurt someone.

In most cases, me.

"Why the fuck are you crying? ",he asked, glaring at me.

I kept quiet, lowering my eyes and stared at my shoes.

"You've gone mute huh? Since you like crying so much, let me give you something to cry about." He said with a deadly expression sitting tight on his face.

"I'm sorry." I said stifling a gasp.

Was slapping me not enough?

"Let me remind you exactly to him you're married to mio amore." His evil smirk made my heart stop.

Before I could comprehend his actions, he grabbed my arm and literally dragged me up the stairs.

I stayed quiet knowing that my pleas will definitely go in vain. Deontay was immune to my tears, my pain and my sadness. No matter how many times I beged him, he'll never stop.

I don't know what awaits me in our bedroom but whatever it is, I know its not going to end well.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Hey besties🥰
The chapters get longer, don't worry.
Please vote by hitting star ⭐.
You're free to create a cover for this book, just message me if you do.
I'll update soon ❤