Chapter fourteen

Never judge a book by its cover. Sadly enough, she did.

She mistook a seductive barbie doll as an angel. Maybe it was her voice that sounded like mere whisper. Or was it the fact she had a freaking baby face. Hell, she even has a nice girl aura. 

Clearly, she was oblivious to her intentions.

The logic behind this is either one of two things. She might be overanalysing things and Mina just likes to wear sexy outfits late at night, or anytime for that matter. Or, she is overanalysing things as she always does. There's nothing wrong with wearing something overly revealing. Is it?

But why ask if Deontay was joining them?

Who in their right mind asks whether their boss will join them to watch a fucking movie?

"No, he won't be coming. It's just me and you." She says and she didn't miss the frown that quickly replaced her smile for a split second.

"Oh well okay then." She said softly.

Juliet blinks her thoughts away, rather focusing on selecting a movie she wanted to watch.

They agreed to watch Now You See Me seeing that they both into illusionists, especially when it involves pulling off bank heists.

                          _________

When she had spoken to Deontay about moving to California, she didn't expect him to grant her the permission to leave the house. As in exiting the front door, getting into a car and speed off to wherever.

He even handed her bank card back making sure to have deposited so much cash into it, it will surely last her entire lifetime which included one of the things he had forcefully taken from her, along with her cell phone.

She wanted to ask her phone back but decided against because he was somehow in a good mood and didn't want to blow her chances.

She can live without the phone anyway, it's not that she was popular on any social media website or anything.

And that's exactly what has been on her mind ever since they have landed a few hours ago.

Except for the fact that Mina is acting very.... seductively and weird. Maybe even too much for her liking.

When she overheard Deontay speaking to one of his men about leaving a few hours, Juliet's mind was made up. Today is the day that she finally heads out of the devil's compound.

She was neatly dressed in a floral dress paired with black sandals matched with her sunglasses.

She was so excited that she applied a bit of makeup to complete her look.

Mina was busy preparing lunch when she headed downstairs.

Again, she wore an outfit that will have someone think that's she's going to the beach.

It was so damn skimpy; she was worried that Deontay might do more than just look. 

He might be an intelligent and ruthless shit faced man whore, but he sometimes thinks more with his dick than his brain.

She didn't like feeling jealous but the thought of him touching other women made her blood boil.

Juliet cleared her throat uncomfortably, "Hey, I'll be gone for a while. When Deontay returns, please tell him that I went out for ice cream."

She initially planned on going shopping, but she had been craving for ice cream since morning time.

"You look pretty, and I will be sure to tell him. You don't have to worry about that." Mina assured but she never felt so edgy before.