Chapter twenty-seven

A knock on the door woke Juliet up. She opened her eyes and looked around the void room.

Diverting her eyes to the big grey clock on the wall,she saw that it was already late in the afternoon.

Literally an hour left before her pickup time.

"You may enter." She softly spoke.

As soon as mrs. Willow entered the room with a tray in her hands,a delicious aroma of food hit her nose.

"I'll like to apologize for earlier dear,it wasn't my intention to upset you. I won't speak of Deontay again."

She's done more than upset her,in fact it has angered her more than anything. How could someone view physical,emotional,sexual and mental abuse as love.

That's not a form of affection nor adoration, much less love for that matter.

What Deontay is doing is confusing love with obsession.

He's overly obsessed with her.

"Its okay,there's nothing wrong with sharing one's opinion right?" Juliet faintly smiled.

Juliet knew for a fact that mrs.Willow didn't buy what she had just said as a guilty expression creeped on her face.

Nobody has ever felt sorry for her,so why should she?

She hurt her feelings so she wasn't going to hide it from the old woman.

"Right. I brought avocado wraps and bbq beef salad and orange juice to wash it down. Please do eat up,the baby needs all the protein and nutrients it can get,plus I don't trust you'll eat anything at that party." Mrs. Willow stated,placing the tray on the bed.

That was true,Juliet isn't comfortable around too many people. She hates eating infront of so many guests.

"It looks absolutely delicious,thank you so much." Juliet cheerfully said.

Being mad at mrs. Willow is the same as being mad at your parents for giving birth to you. You'll get over it.

She had a motherly charm that anyone will yearn for.

"The hairdresser and makeup artist will be arriving in 20 minutes. Please be ready for them by then." With that said she left,leaving Juliet to savagely eat her food.

She loved food and will definitely choose it over anything and anyone anytime.

Within 10 minutes,she had ate all her food.

The problem with being full was feeling lazy right after. She didn't feel like going to take a bath.

But she wasn't going to risk it. She was already on thin ice having to wear that dress.

So instead of remaining in bed like she would of wanted,she unwillingly got out of bed.

After stripping her clothes off,she was about to head in the bathroom when a phone started to ring.

In all her years of living with Deontay,apart from the year they've met,she's never had a phone.

Not that she didn't want one,but she wasn't allowed to own one.

Deontay,being overly protective,didn't want to risk Juliet contacting anyone or rather get her phone traced by his enemies. Which technically,became her enemies too.

So to say she was confused would be an understatement.

The ringing was coming from Deontay's pillow.

She was contemplating whether or not to answer it.

Just as she was about to reach it,the ringing stopped.