Chapter six

Sleep deserted her and was replaced with pure terror.

"W-what are you t-talking about?", she felt like a ton of bricks was placed in her throat because she could no longer swallow down her parched throat.

His eyes darkened for a second, just a quick flash and his eyes went back to normal.

She shouldn't have expected the damn guard to keep his mouth shut. How stupid of her to think that.

"Don't fucking lie to me Juliet!" He said, his voice calculated and controlled.

"If you could tell me what you're talking about my- "

She stopped when she heard him laugh. Not the happy kind but more of an inhuman and sadistic one. That very one that will that sends chills down your spine.

Suddenly, his gun was drawn out of his holster, and he immediately pointed it between her eyes.

His face was stone cold. He looked much scarier than all the men she'd seen in horror movies. He looked like he was about to pull the trigger. He looked so damn compulsive.

"You dare go against me? You dare defy me? You leave the goddamn house like I haven't told you not you. Why do you always disrespect me?"

His had words angered her.

"Give respect Deontay? Respect is earned and reciprocated. First you learn to speak politely and stop treating me like I'm some sort of animal then maybe, just maybe I'll start to show you respect."

She was left heaving and out of breath when she finished speaking.

An infinitesimal shiver ran through her. Not once has she spoke up or confronted Deontay and most importantly, doing it with a gun held placed between her eyes.

By now she would've held her hand against her cheek because of the impact he'd inflicted on her, or she would've been clutching some part of her body due to pain. But not today.

Deontay slid his gun back in his holster. "There are few things that need to be done with you today. I wouldn't want to mess up your pretty face for you and I are going over for dinner at my parents' house". He says shock replacing all the fear felt. "Oh, and one more thing, this act of yours will not go unpunished. Don't ever go against me amore", he warns her.

She had only seen his parents twice. The day of their wedding and the day after that. That's it. She can hardly recall how they look like but what she'll never fail to remember is the fact that they looked like they don't take bullshit from anyone.

"Willow be here to guide you on what you should do. I have business to take care of", he says placing a kiss on her forehead. "Be good".

She nodded slowly. She can't help but mask her relieve. Although Deontay sticks to his words. She doesn't care. At least she's not a crying mess right now.

Deontay's parents live in LA. She hasn't ever been to LA before. That builds on to her excitement because she'll get to get out of the house again. But she can't help but feel a weird feeling at the pit of her stomach for how today will go.

Sighing, she decides to take a shower.

---------
*Knock knock*

That must be Mrs. Willow because Deontay never knocks.

"Come in."

"Good morning, dear "Her angelic voice fills her ear. She's so grateful for having her around. She's acts as the light in this dark place.

"Good morning, Mrs. Willow".

Her eyes dart to the tray of food in her hands and her mouth starts to water. She follows her gaze, and she smiles.