Chapter thirty

Still in first person*
                 ________________

After I've made sure that Kasey got passed the idea of killing me, I cautiously walked out of the restroom with the main objective to leave.

But that's when it hit me, I will have to ask Deontay to call the driver.

Great, just great.

"Juliet dear, is everything alright?" Deontay's mother asked.

"Yeah, I wasn't feeling so well that's why I went to get some air." It wasn't completely a lie, all this people were feeding my anxiety.

She didn't believe me, she still had her brows raised in a questioning manner.

I felt someone's presence behind me.

My body was so well acquainted with his, that it never failed to react to it.

"Its time to cut the cake, its getting late anyway." Said Deontay.

His gaze burned into the back of head.

I exhaled loudly, willing myself to face him.

"I want to leave." I said, looking anywhere but into his eyes.

"You're not going anywhere." He snapped, his voice was so loud it caught the attention of the guests. Now everyone's eyes were on us.

I focused on trying to keep my breathing even as I finally met his eyes.

"Deontay, there's no need to make a scene. If the lady wants to leave so be it." Jared spoke.

Deontay, like the fool he is ignored his brother's words, rather he turned to the eager listeners. "What the fuck are you all listening to? Everyone, leave. That includes you Jared." He sounded disgusted when he mentioned his name.

Deontay despised anything that breathes.

Why does he always get like this? Anger was his only emotion.

He turned to face me as the guests started scurrying out of the room. Jared included, he wasn't a complete coward for just he realized that the battle he started will never end in his favor.

He stared into my brown orbs, as if daring me. Daring me to say something that will spark a horrifying reaction out of him.

So I did.

As I finally managed to shutdown the fear. In that moment, it was only him and I.

I ignored my pulse as it started to beat rapidly. I ignored as a deep emotion, which was nestled at my throat made me want to curl myself in ball and sob until I could no longer.

"I don't know what I've done in this life to deserve what you've made me go through, but I can't quite argue with it because they say that you only get what you deserve. I don't need to explain myself, nor beg you for anything. I'm so fucking tired of your pathetic excuse for love. Only a goddamn delinquent will ever believe that being abused for doing absolutely nothing is a form of affection." I admitted, my voice breaking slightly. "You're a sick asshole who thinks that the world somehow revovles around them. Newsflash Deontay, everyone arounds you wants you dead. You are nothing more than a feared ex mafia boss who abuses his wife. Go to hell Deontay, I wish my child is nothing like you. Its such a shame my child has to bare your last name. I want absolutely nothing to do with it." I hiccuped as silent sobs left my mouth.

My words were chocked, and barely audible as it passed my lips. "Kasey, its time for us leave. Have a blessed night Mrs. And Mr. Rossi, it was lovely seeing you." I adressed them without looking their way.