Their heir

Y/N SALVATORE POV

I woke up on one of the softest mattress you could find in the Wizarding world. The silk hanging off my bed seemed to dance to the wind from my opened window. Shit.

My parents might act all cool and nice in front of guests, but don't let that fool you. They are so strict and will discipline you over the smallest mistakes. I quickly grabbed my wand that was next to me in bed and waved a flicking movement, causing the window to shut immediately. I always keep my wand around me. I was taught ever since I was small that my wand was like a shield and if you knew how to use it, it would serve all your needs. I don't disagree. I feel like wands or potions are a big part of a wizard's life. I'd feel naked and powerless if I were to lose my wand.

I like my window open when I sleep. I love how the wind always gently pushes the air in my room and how calm it is in the silence. I once to told my mom that, and from that day on I wasn't allowed to leave my window open anymore. It was as if my parents were set out to destroy me, yet build me up as high as possible and keep our family image alive and strong.

Anyways after moving to Scotland from America, I know I have to attend Hogwarts. I'm not mad or anything, apparently this is where all the action will be happening. I promise you though that I will miss Ilvermorny. Most of all, I miss my friends and James. James is..was my boyfriend. It was terrible breaking the news to him that I was going to move. (Because of the dark lord's arrival) James wanted a long-distance relationship and I seriously considered it, but then I thought about how the dark Lord would affect our relationship and how he was probably better without me. I feel like I would really want to spend the rest of my life with that man but like my father always says, you always fucking destroy everything you touch. Besides, why should my fucked up life affect James and fuck him up too?

Tears started to pool in my eyes when the thoughts of how I would never see him again became permanent. My parents also never really approved of my relationship with him. Apparently, this would hurt our bloodline. The Salvatores were extremely rich and pure and even though my parents had threatened us countless times, we still found a way together. I learned from when I was little to never betray our ways. I seriously never understood why we had to separate ourselves from Muggle-borns or what my parents called, "mud-bloods". I mean isn't it a little childish and racist in a way to discriminate against people over something they had no control over. These thoughts always sickened me.

I got off of my bed with a slight pout shoving these thoughts to the back of my mind and started to get dressed. I wore a white crop top, with an oversized black jacket, black leggings, and everyday shoes. I strolled downstairs and into the kitchen, reaching for a piece of bread when a female voice froze me.

"Don't touch that." Spat the voice.

My mother to be precise. Or and pathetic excuse of one. My parents only had me to be their heir. I looked over to the long table where my parents were seated. My mother was reading the newspaper while my father was drinking tea.

"Wash your hands first dear, we wouldn't want you to start off your day like a pig again would we?" She cooed not even looking up from the paper." I'm embarrassed I even have to remind you anymore. Do you have any idea how old you are. Simple manners would do. Try considering it."

I could feel the smirk on my fathers face. My parents wanted a boy to be there heir, but instead they got me. And soon, they found out that they couldn't have another one.

I rolled my eyes and replied, "Sorry Mother, it won't happen again".

She scoffed an simple "Whatever." Breakfast for me was only pancakes and fruit, but I wasn't complaining. They had recently caught me trying to send a letter to James. The old tricks I used to have for communicating with James were now all exposed and impossible to perform. I picked up my fruit and looked at the time.