Chapter 13

A/N: I am so sorry I have been away for so long. I am alive though! I've been updating my other book. If you write several books at the same time, you know how I feel. I'll update whenever I can but in the meantime, ONWARD TO THE STORY DEMIGODS!

Annabeth POV

Annabeth never usually ran away from her problems. This time, she really wanted to. She wanted to run away and never look back, never return to see the hateful eyes of the twins she had betrayed. She had banished her boyfriend and his sister to the depths of Tartarus for something they didn't do. She was overrun with guilt. Pain. Anger for doing such an idiotic thing. 

Now the twins were back for revenge. The worst thing? They were working side by side with an evil primordial god and a thought to be defeated Kronos. She wanted to run away from this problem. But she didn't. She was a child of Athena and children of Athena fix their mistakes. No matter how big they were. She wanted to fix this. She had to to atone for her mistakes of the past.

She'd spent the last year moping and grieving and cursing herself for making such a foolish mistake, wishing she could take it all back. But now that they were back, this was her chance to fix her past mistakes. She was willing to do anything to bring them back.

She had come up with a plan. Percy and Sara may hate her. Heck, they might hate her for the rest of her life but she had to try. She had to try and bring back the old Percy and Sara.

She had a plan. A dumb one maybe but a plan no less.

1. Try to bring them back with their favourite food and drink.

2. Go from there and wing it all the way.

She sat there for hours, racking her brain for ideas on how to bring the old Percy and Sara back. Besides giving them their favourite food, she had nothing. When she thought she had a plan, her mind denied it and she'd scribble it out and come up with a new one.

Her half sibling then came up to her and told her that dinner was ready at the dining pavilion. As she went there, she began to observe how eerily silent it was. No one was laughing. No one was smiling. Not even the slight sound of talking. The demigods were either not-so-subtly looking at the Big House or the ash and exploded armoury. 

Everyone must have heard Sara and Percy were back. No one bothered Annabeth. No one spoke. Just plain silent you could hear a pin drop. Annabeth glanced at the attic window on the Big House as she walked to grab her food. She had gotten a steak and some mash potatoes. She cut up the better half of her steak and burned it in the sacrificial flame and prayed to the gods to bring Percy and Sara back.

She then grabbed her cup and whispered, "Blue Cherry Coke." Blue fizzy coke immediately filled the cup.

She began to reminisce all the times Percy asked for blue food and how Sara would always steal his blue cherry coke even though she could have gotten her own. She decided to go with her plan: To bring Percy and Sara their favourite drink. 

She stood up suddenly and took two cups before asking them to be filled with Blue Cherry Coke. She walked out of the dining pavilion and assured Chiron to trust what she was about to do.

She walked up to the attic of the Big House and slowly opened the door which creaked at the hinges. She was Sara and Percy staring out the window and inhaling the air. Sara had her head rested on Percy's shoulder. Percy and Sara must have sensed her because they asked, "Are you going to stare at us all day or are you going to tell us what you want?" they spoke together, their voices hard and full of malice.

"I have brought you something to drink," Annabeth said, managing to keep her voice calm and unbreaking.

"Poisoned or enchanted?" Sara spoke.

"You never know who to trust these days," Percy continued. That sent a guilty pang through Annabeth's heart. 

"Neither," Annabeth answered carefully.

Annabeth slowly approached them and placed the glasses of blue cherry coke on a dusty table that was beside them. Recognition sparked in both Sara and Percy's eyes but they hid it well.

When they picked up the glasses, she thought they would chuck it at her before throwing insults about how she abandoned them again but to her satisfaction, they gulped it down. Percy slowly took it sip by sip while Sara took big gulps. When Sara was finished, a spark in Annabeth's chest ignited when she saw Sara steal a little from Percy's cup.

She saw the spark of wistfulness in their eyes. They missed the taste of blue cherry coke. They hid their emotions well but one look at their eyes told Annabeth differently. She identified several emotions. Anger, betrayal, sadness, bitterness. The mix of emotions stopped at one Annabeth could easily identify. Loathing and hate. The twins expressions turned stoic and they returned their cups on Annabeth before looking out the window again.

She left thinking her plan had failed. But she didn't care. Whatever it took, she would come up with a plan. Ad she knew just where to start.