Chapter 6

Percy P.O.V

Kronos led Sara and Percy to the throne room where Tartarus sat. Percy and Sara bowed to Tartarus.

"Rise," he said, and I obeyed.

"Now, Percy, Sara, you have shown much potential over the years. Courage, bravery, loyalty. I have decided to make you both my Champions," Tartarus said, and the twins looked at him, shocked.

He wasn't kidding. "Do you accept?" he questioned.

They nodded fervently, "Of course."

"Then I shall bestow upon you both the gift of Tartarus," he smiled. He placed a finger to each of their foreheads and chanted. Immense pain surged through their bodies but they remained silent, not making even the slightest whimper.

The first rule they taught them. Show no fear.

Their backs began to glow, and they felt something growing. The pain was unbearable. But they managed to bear it somehow. The pain subsided and they let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. Percy and Sara looked behind them only to find a pair of pitch black wings darker than Tartarus himself. They flapped them experimentally.

"Cool," Percy and Sara spoke in unison

"You two together shall be known as Unison. The Champions of Tartarus," Kronos said proudly. 

Tartarus rose out of the throne and spoke, "Yes, it is cool. You two also have a few new powers from me. You can summon Greek Fire as well as direct them at a target. You can control any monster, by snapping your fingers together, you also have the power to disintegrate them. And my personal favourite, you can turn into a dragon." he listed.

Percy concentrated and a flame of Greek Fire sprung to his palm. "Seriously cool," Percy said, eyes glinting with amusement.

Tartarus asked his champions how their water powers were progressing. They made water molecules squeeze together, forming twin ice daggers. They vapor travelled around the room. They concentrated on two harpies and focused on their water molecules, bursting them into dust.

"Good, good. Now go train with your new powers and in 5 years, we will be ready for the uprising," Tartarus evilly smirked. Percy and Sara mirrored his smirk. 

They left the room. Unison, the Champions of Tartarus, is coming. And no one can stop them. No one.

Sara and Percy went back to their monster friends. Echidna, Minotaur, Chimera and Kelli and a couple other monsters Sara and Percy had defeated. They had forgiven them and now they were good friends.

"COOL!" a telkhine marveled at the new wings that sprouted from Percy and Sara's backs.

"Where did you get those from?" Kelli asked, obviously jealous she didn't have them herself.

"You are looking at Tartarus' two new and improved champions!" Sara announced.

"Awesome!" said Minotaur and gave Percy a fist bump.

More training. Sara is starting to get bored of it. So was Percy. But hey, they had new powers!