Chapter 2

Sara P.O.V

Percy confessed to Sara. He felt guilty the next day about constantly avoiding Annabeth. Sara swore on River Styx that she wouldn't say anything to Annabeth but it only seemed right to tell her. 'No. I swore on River Styx not to tell her unless something bad happens.' she thought sadly. Percy and Sara made rounds to the Hephaestus cabin to ask how the 'ring' was going. Hephaestus was helping his children make a beautifully carved golden ring for Percy to give to Annabeth. He was going to propose. No one knew anything except Sara and the Hephaestus children. Percy stalked back to their cabin with Sara in tow and sat down on the desk, examining the notes he had gotten during his quest, hoping to figure out what Gaia will do next.

He ran a hand through his hair and stood up abruptly, saying he needed a bit of air. He went outside, only to find Annabeth, sitting on the lap of a boy, kissing him passionately.

Percy's heart was crushed with a vise. "Annabeth?" Percy asked, unbelievingly.  Annabeth looked up and saw Percy with his sea green disbelieving eyes. "Percy," she said surprised, breathless after that passionate kiss with a random boy.

"Why did you kiss him?!" Percy yelled, a tear straying down his cheek as he shook with rage and betrayal.

"YOU'VE BEEN AVOIDING ME FOR WEEKS AND NOW YOU DECIDE TO BARGE INTO MY PERSONAL BUSINESS, SUDDENLY CARING ABOUT ME?!" Annabeth yelled back, a tear threatened to fall from her eyes.

"WE'RE DONE! I HATE YOU PERCY JACKSON!" screamed an outraged Annabeth.