Chapter 5

Annabeth P.O.V

Percy was gone. Sara was gone. All because of her. All because she had kissed another boy to get Percy's attention and not have him turn away every other minute. It was all her fault. She went to the Hephaestus cabin, where Percy always went to everyday at 4pm. 

The girl who was working on something looked up at her, and looked down at what she was making. She gave it to Annabeth.

"Percy asked me and Hephaestus himself to make this for you," she said sadly. "And you had to ruin it all," she rounded on Annabeth.

"He loved you. The only reason he kept avoiding you was because he was shy. He was going to propose to you!" she told her and stormed back into her cabin.

Propose to me?  She thought. Oh no... What had she done...

Percy P.O.V

Percy woke to the sound of Sara sleeping peacefully beside her. She was expressionless. But she was curled in a fetal position. He winced when he remembered where he was. Where was he? Tartarus of course, but where exactly in Tartarus was he?

He sat up, wincing, only to find Kronos brewing what smelled like stew a few giant steps away.

"Ah, Perseus. You are awake. I was worried when I found you two," he pointed to him and Sara with a knife he held, "broken in front of my place. I healed you. Stew?" he finished.

"Percy drew out his sword, Anaklusmos, A.K.A Riptide and gripped it tightly, waiting for Kronos to attack. He didn't.

"Perseus Jackson, I have no wish to fight you. I know your friends turned on you the moment the gods said you and Sara were traitors. I know Annabeth broke your heart. Not the other way round," Kronos continued.

"SHUT UP!" Percy roared, waking Sara in the process.

"Percy? Where are you? PERCY!" she started calling his name.

"Shhhhh Sare, it's okay, I'm here," he spoke tenderly to his sister.

She slowly sat up and upon seeing Kronos, she drew her sword, Tsunami, and faced him.

Kronos held up his hands in surrender. He told them about how, once, he loved his children. He played with them and they grew close. Rhea, their mother was jealous that her children picked their father over their mother. She had tricked Kronos into eating his children. When Zeus had made Kronos regurgitate his kids, they knew that Rhea was behind this. But they had their happy memories of Kronos replaced by Kronos treating them like pegasi dung. Sara looked weak. Weaker than when they first trudged through Tartarus.

"Do you want revenge on those who turned on you, Twins of Water? Do you want to punish those who called you traitors? Do you want to make sure no one frames you again?" Kronos asked.

Percy and Sara nodded.

"By taking this gift I have given you, you will become my grandchildren. You will train and forget the pain of your past. You will push through and train until you and devoid of emotion," Kronos boomed. Percy and Sara smiled, their eyes a dark shade of evil green.

Sara P.O.V

Pain lanced through their body. Flames engulfed their body. They felt stronger. More powerful. After becoming Kronos' grandchildren, they trained. They trained with dracenae, telkhines, monsters from the pit. They were granted immortality. The monsters they fought became their friends. The monsters were granted quick regeneration by Tartarus which Percy and Sara now served.

5 years later...

Sara and Percy had just finished training and met their grandfather.

"Hello my grandchildren," Kronos smiled, happy to have granchildren.

"Don't call us your grandchildren. Makes us sound young. Grandpa."

"Don't call me Grandpa. Makes me sound old," Kronos joked.

"Considering that you have lived for a few millennia, I'd say that you were old," Sara stated.

"Good argument, Sara." Kronos grumbled then laughed along with Sara and Percy.

"My Grandchildren, Tartarus has called upon you to meet him in the throne room. He has something to tell you." Kronos whispered.