Chapter 9

Sara P.O.V

Sara was angrily hacking at her opponents, an empousa, a dracenae, a telkhine, the minotaur, a Nemean lion, a drakon, beside her brother, both fueled with the rage and the pain they had felt facing their old family. Tartarus promised the monsters who trained with the twins a quick and painless regeneration .

But they were focused more on their wretched camp.

"How dare Annabeth ask how Percy and I are doing when she did nothing to stop us from going to Tartarus?!"  Sara hacked an empousa down.

"She cast Percy down and did nothing to stop her mother or Zeus from sending him to the pit!" Sara stabbed a telkhine.

"Clarisse, Jason, Piper, Leo, Nico, Thalia, Hazel, Frank, all of them along with Chiron, They all looked worried about us! As if they actually cared!" eyes blazing, she sliced down a dracenae.

"Then Annabeth had the nerve to throw a knife at Percy for the half truth! And I got injured trying to save Percy's life!" She slashed at the empousai, telkhine and Minotaur into dust.

"The worst part... We almost believed them... It almost seemed genuine. We almost believed that they actually worried about us, and that they missed us. I think for a moment, I missed them too." 

Percy's thoughts were the same as Sara's. Every word.

A/N: I forgot to add one more power. Since they need to share battle strategies without talking, Tartarus gave them mind conversations. That included being able to talk in our minds, and reading each others thoughts. Twin thing. Back to the story!

Anger seeped into Sara's wings. It snapped out of it's harness that kept them folded and so did Percy's. One giant stroke of their wings and they rose in the air. The Nemean Lion was left. Percy and Sara folded their wings, dived with their swords stretched out in front of them, and stabbed it down the throat. 

Sara looked around only to find all her opponents gone. Dissolved into nothing but sand grained monster dust on the floor as well as on her clothes. Clapping came from behind and they both whirled around. Kronos was the one clapping and he had a smile on his face.

"Hello my grandchildren," Kronos smiled.

"Don't call us your grandchildren. Makes us sound young. Grandpa."

"Don't call me Grandpa. Makes me sound old," Kronos joked.

"Considering that you have lived for a few millennia, I'd say that you were old," Percy stated.

"Good point..." Kronos grumbled then laughed along with Sara and Percy.

"So, Grandpa, why brings you to our training sessions?" Sara asked.

"Tartarus has a mission for you both." Kronos said, looking down at the floor instead of our eyes.

"So, is the mission good? Or are we probably going to hate it?" Percy asked.

"Probably hate it," Kronos replied, walking out. Sara and Percy walked along with Kronos, along the fields filled with monsters either playing, arguing, or killing each other.

"So, the mission we are going to hate," Percy and Sara asked together, "Does it have anything to do with that... camp?" they spat. Kronos said nothing and avoided any eye contact with his grandchildren. 

It seemed like an hour before he spoke to Sara and Percy. ADHD did that to you.

"I know you hate that camp of yours, Unison. I felt the same way when my children hacked me into dust. But after a millennia or so, I began to remember those times. Playing games and sports with my children. I wanted to be with them again. I don't know if that will ever happen to you two, but if it does, stay strong. Have a good future. Don't let them be like mine." Kronos spoke with great sadness.

A/N: I need help! I need code names for them when they aren't together. Unison is when they battle together but I need separate code names for them! Heeeelp!

Unison and Kronos entered the throne room. "I am sure Kronos has told you, Unison that we have a mission ready for you," Tartarus spoke gruffly.

"Yes sir," Sara and Percy replied, taking a knee. He was their master. A smile of approval flickered onto his face. When he told Unison to rise, they did so without hesitation, Kronos giving them a big thumbs up behind Tartarus' throne where he was standing.

"I think you should tell him, Tartarus. It will be better coming from you," Kronos replied weakly, daring not to look the twins in the eye.

"Very well," Tartarus said and proceeded to tell Unison the mission. Their eyes flared with hatred and their hands tightened into fists. A few feet away, a harpy burst into dust. Denial clouded their minds, but they looked down to prevent lashing out at their Master.

"Do you accept the mission Unison?" Tartarus questioned. They could hear a slight fear in his voice. Like he was expecting them to reject the mission immediately. "We accept the mission," they replied.

"Good my champions. You leave immediately."

They nodded and vapor travelled to the chambers where they slept. They grabbed their cloak, the one with fire licking the cloak. They got their twin blades and strapped them to their backs. They put on their mask. They filled their bottles with the rivers of the underworld. Sara brought a backup knife and blade, while Percy brought spare bottles of the rivers of the underworld. Then vapor travelled to the surface.

Sunlight momentarily blinded them, being down in the dark for 5 years and all but their eyes quickly adjusted to the light of the sun. They were on the beach of Camp Half-Blood and they silently cursed themselves for travelling so carelessly.