ten

Joshua's POV:

I can't believe Kensie just told me that she doesn't have feelings for me anymore. I know she feels awkward around me and Anna, but she won't be honest with me. If I'm being honest, I do still have feelings for Kensie, I've had feelings for her for years. I like Anna, she's nice, pretty, and she gets along with my friends. But I don't know if I should take a chance with her if I still have feelings for Kensie, but if Kensie was telling the truth and she doesn't have feelings for me anymore then I guess I need to move on from her.

I look over towards Kensie and she's laughing with Frankie and Livvy. I wish me and her could still joke around like that. When we were younger we picked on each other all the time, but I mostly picked on her because I had a crush on her.

"Hey Josh, you know you're staring at Kensie, right?" Matt asks from beside me.

"What?" I ask while turning to look at him.

"You're staring at Kensie." He says again.

"I can't help it." I say.

"You still like her don't you?" He says.

"Yes! I never got over her." I say.

"Then tell her." Matt says.

"I can't." I say.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because she just told me she doesn't have feelings for me anymore." I say.

"What?" Matt asks.

"Yeah, and she said that I should ask Anna out." I say.

"Are you going to ask her out?" He asks.

"I don't know. I like Anna but I also have feelings for Kensie still. But if she really doesn't like me anymore then I guess I have to move on, right?" I say.

"Uhm, yeah I guess." He says but he sounds unsure about his answer.

"So you think I should ask Anna out?" I ask.

"If that's what you want." He says.

"I would like to take her out on a date to see how she's like without all of you around." I say.

"Then do it." Matt says.

I turn to look at Kensie again and see her holding Luke and talking to Cole. Are they a thing? I mean I'm pretty sure that Cole likes Kensie, but does she like him back? I turn back to Matt and look at him.

"Do you know where Anna is?" I ask.

"I think she's inside with Julia." Matt says.

I walk inside and see her sitting on the couch talking to Julia.

"Hey Josh!" Julia says while smiling at me.

"Hey! Can I talk to you for a second, Anna?" I ask her.

"Sure!" Anna says while getting up.

We walk outside to where everyone else still is. I look at Kensie again and see her looking at me, but she quickly looks away when we make eye contact. She starts talking to Cole again, but while she's talking to him she looks at me. For some reason, her doing that makes me have butterflies in my stomach. Anna and I walk over to one of the pool chairs and sit down.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" She asks me while smiling.

"I'm not the best at this, but would you like to go on a date with me?" I ask her.

"Of course!" She says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah! Where do you want to go?" She asks.