Dinner

Dawn came fast as my body shot forward with a sense of pain in my back. At first, everything looked weird and confusing as I noticed that, rather than being in the front room, I was instead sitting on my own bed with only a sports bra and pair of boxers on. I didn't remember getting up to go to bed, let alone dressing down to this extent, but, more importantly, I didn't seem to remember at all that I slept with Winter next to my side who was dressed in one of my oversized shirts and a pair of boxers. My face turned bright red after realizing what I had done last night, but nothing pointed towards us doing... more. For all I know, we got tipsy and headed off to bed together since we had made up, but I couldn't seem to remember a single thing.

However, instead in searching my memory for the answer, I chose to get up instead, quietly for that matter, to make Winter some breakfast in bed. I was happy, no, ecstatic rather that I finally didn't mess things up more. I was proud of myself in a way, so I actually had the motivation to do something in return. Things are still hard on me right now, but I think that Winter is definitely helping me by staying by my side and being herself. That's all I could ever ask of her after all...

Even then, it feels as if I'm a burden to her by needing the validation that she provides for me. Maybe that's stupid of me, but what can you do? I can't tell my brain to shut up. Well, I could, but it wouldn't do anything, you know? God I feel like an idiot!

I quickly fried up some eggs and made some bacon, keeping the volume level down as to not wake my sleeping beauty... ok, that was pure cringe... anyways, as soon as I finished, I brought a plate of two eggs and three slices of bacon to her in bed and gently woke her up. She sat up in a lethargic manner, but smiled brightly as soon as her gaze landed on the food in front of her.

"If this is what a future with you looks like, can we get married already?" She jokingly asked me, shoving a whole strip of bacon into her mouth. Without missing a beat, I leaned down and took my thumb as I noticed a small crumb of bacon on the corner of her mouth and scooped it up to eat.

"Is that a proposal? I definitely wouldn't be against that, Mrs. Belmont." I said confidently, smiling down at Winter with the expectation that she would make a witty comeback as well. Instead of adding onto my joke, Winter bowed her head and quietly ate her food frantically before shoving the plate back in my hands, exposing a fully flushed face.

"I'm... gonna go take a cold shower!" She exclaimed, pushing past me and rushing to the bathroom. I smiled to myself and chuckled quietly at the exchange before returning to the kitchen and washing the dishes from both last night and this morning. Minutes later, my phone began to ring from a phone call, so I picked it up without checking who it was.

"Hello?" I asked, putting the phone between my shoulder and ear.

"Adelle? It's your mom! How have you been? I'm sorry, I haven't had any time to check up on you!" The familiar voice rang out. I smiled to myself slightly and chuckled.

"I'm ok right now, what's the occasion for calling?" She cleared her throat and almost seemed to struggle getting what she had to say out.

"Well I was wondering if you'd want to come over tomorrow for supper? You can bring a friend if you'd like, but your father and I wanted to have you over." I stopped smiling and sighed.

"Thanks mom, but—"

"Adelle, please? We have something here we need to give to you anyways. I miss you a lot." My mom said with a hint of sadness. Being myself, I gave into her desires and agreed to come tomorrow. Since I had this opportunity... I might take it to also introduce Winter to my mom better than the last impression that was done.

After the phone call ended, Winter stepped out of the bathroom in a pair of black laced bra and underwear. She didn't seem to notice me, wrapping the towel loosely around her shoulders before walking silently into my room before realizing I wasn't there. My mouth curled into a smile as Winter seemed confused at first and then upset before turning around and seeing me stand in the front room.

"Ah, there you are! Sorry, I didn't see that you were in here. Hey, what should I wear today?" She asked me, throwing her arms out and turning in a circle. I giggled and walked up closer to her while thinking.

"Hmmm, I have the perfect outfit in mind," I said, going into my room to pull out a neon yellow hoodie and beanie, "just grab a pair of jeans and shoes and your set, I just wanted to see you wear my clothes for a bit longer." I teased her, winking playfully before pulling her into a warm embrace. Winter smiled and hugged me back tightly.

"Everything alright?" She asked me. My face couldn't help but give away what had happened as I backed away and took her hands in mine.

"My parents want to eat with me tomorrow... would you be able to come too?" I asked her, closing my eyes right as I hope she would accept it. To my surprise, Winter let out a quiet huff as she hugged me again and nodded.

"Of course, you need me there for you to support you. I'll be there with you, ok?" She comforted me. I nodded and beamed back at her before kissing her lips softly.

"Alright..."