1.5

1.5

secrets hurt

not only others

but yourself

as well

-

        "Eva you bi-" Tamina started to yell, only to have Eva put her finger to her lips. Tamina's eyes watered and Calum only stared at Michael, with tears falling down his cheeks. Ashton could barely speak, for all the blood he was loosing was making his vision blurry and his hearing fuzzy.

        "Shut it," Eva glared at Tamina, "You're no different than I am, so I suggest you just stop speaking there."

        "I'm not different than you?" Tamina scoffed, "I'm not a cold blooded murderer!"

        "You're right on that one," Eva chuckled, "But we aren't that different. We both like having control, we're both cruel, both heartless. Now, you can't possibly tell me that we're different."

        Tamina swallowed the bile that was rising in her throat and glared at her, "I can't believe that you do what you do."

        "You act like I'm the only one who does it," Eva laughed, "If I remember correctly, you're little boy toy, killed your best friend by being her worst fear and don't you dare to try to use the fact that he has a personality disorder as his excuse, he had to do what he had to do, you wouldn't understand, we all have to do this."

        "You don't have to," Jordyn said, her voice shaky, "You could just leave us alone."

        "No, we can't," Eva snapped her attention to Jordyn, "You don't know anything, you don't know why we do what we do, you don't know what made us this way."

        "What happened to you?" Tamina asked Eva, "What made you what you are? Why are you the way you are?"

        Eva stared at Tamina and shook her head, "We all got our little secrets now, don't we blondie?"

        Tamina bit her bottom lip, "Just please tell us Eva, maybe it'll make you feel better. Why do you show no sympathy for anyone? Surely you cared for someone once in your life."

        "That was my problem," Eva yelled at her, making them flinch, even Ashton who winced from the pain, "I cared to much about everyone! No one cared about me, but I cared for everyone! Do you know what that feels like?"

        "I'm sure your family-" Jordyn started, only to Eva cut her off.

        "Don't even get me started on my family!" Eva yelled, her eyes turning black in her anger, "You know what my family did to me? They made me like this."

        "What happened?" Tamina asked her, she looked over at Calum who was staring at Eva in fear. Eva looked back at him and blinked again, her eyes returning back to normal.

        Eva walked towards Tamina and for the first time, Tamina saw Eva cry. "It happened to you too," Eva said, her voice barely above a whisper, "Your step dad."

        Tamina's jaw slightly dropped and she shook her head, "No Eva-"

        "I'm not alone," Eva said, more to herself than to Tamina or anyone else in the room.

        "Tammy," Calum said, finally speaking, "What is she talking about?"

        It was in that moment that Tamina knew what Eva was talking about, why she had took her own life, Charlie's journal made sense now and she remebered her conversation with Michael, the one where he asked her what her big secret was, the one that made her who she was. She didn't know that she would end up revealing it like this.

        "They don't know," Eva said to Tamina, "You never told them?"

        "Told us what," Jordyn raised her eyebrows. Eva let tears roll down her cheeks and Tamina started to cry.

        "I am so sorry," Tamina said to Eva, "For what happened to you, you didn't deserve it, I am so sorry."

        "I'm sorry," Eva said to Tamina, crying, "You didn't deserve it either, look at you, look what he did to you."

        "Look what they did to me," Tamina said to herself, "What he did to me."

        "Tammy," Ashton croaked, "What happened?"

        Tamina looked at Eva and Eva swallowed hard, "Do you want me to tell them?"

        Tamina shook her head and turned her head to Calum and then to Jordyn. She then stared at the floor and wiped away some tears before speaking. "It started when I was little, after my dad died my mom married this guy, my step dad."

        "Yeah Zach was his name right?" Jordyn asked and Tamina nodded.

        "He used to come into my room before I went to sleep, he would undress me and just touch me, I was little, I didn't really understand, and it kept on going, finally I understood what he was doing, I was going to tell my mom, but he told me that no one would love me you know? That if I told her she would only see me as disgusting, why do you think I was never home? I always was either at your place or Wendy's."

        "Tammy-"

        "Look what he did to me," she continued, her hands shaking, "He ruined me. Why do you think I never took a relationship seriously? He always told me that no one would really love me or show me affection. I slept around so I could feel like someone could love me, and look at me, look what I became."

        She was hiccuping and Eva was crying, thinking of her own story. Calum was rubbing Tamina's back and crying into her shoulder.

        Jordyn would have comforted her, except that she was still sustaining Ashton. Tamina looked at Eva and wiped some tears.

        "What happened to you?"

        "My dad happened," Eva said, crossing her arms, "He um.. he raped me, he took my innocence and my mom knew about it, back then things like that could ruin your family, so she never told anyone. Can you imagine that? You're own mother keeping something like that a secret because she didn't want her reputation ruined? That was horrible, she made me feel like shit, her and Robert. I hate them I really do, I really hope they both got what they deserved."

        Calum tucked a piece of hair behind Tamina's ear and whispered to her, "Why didn't you ever tell me?"       

        Tamina looked at Eva who stared at the floor and then at Calum, "I didn't want you to think of me differently."

        Tamina got off the floor and stepped over Michael's body, "Eva, you didn't deserve that, I promise that you didn't."

        The door creaked open and Jordyn watched as it opened. Eva swallowed hard and smiled at Tamina, a smile that said "thank you."

        "Go," Eva said, "Before the others kill you."

-

i cried