Chapter 9

Nico's Pov   

 "Why don't you just tell him?" 

Nico was floating, alone, in some thick, black atmosphere and saw a dark figure looming in front of him. "dad?"
Hades leaned over him and Nico squinted, "Where's Will?"

                  "he's right where he should be."
                 "What happened?"
                 "You tell me. I was in the middle of a trip to the fields of punishment when I heard you."
                 "You've answered my prayers? That's new."

The god of dead tried to be angry but then thought better of it, "As I was saying...why don't you just go tell that Apollo's kid what you feel about him?"

Nico's heart almost dropped, blush creepy over his whole face, "I - I don't."
Hades sighed, "Oh for my sake, stop lying. Do you even hear yourself? When the last time you wanted to sacrifice your life for someone else's?"

Nico tried to remember, "In the labyrinth"
"For your sister, Bianca"
Nico opened his mouth to say something but his dad stopped him, "No-just don't. I'm really not in a mood for 'you don't deserve to say her name' and all that. I'm just trying to say-
        He took a breath, "He makes you happy. So go make a move before it's too late."

        "How do you know he makes me happy?"
        "Apart from the fact that you're blushing? Aphrodite told me."
        "What?"
        "Yup. She started a show on Mount Olympus 'the perfect match ' or something and it shows all the half-blood who were in love. I don't know -all of these seemed ridiculous to me". Hades rolled his eyes.

But a month ago it showed something like -solangelo and every god in there were screaming. I didn't believe it at first cause I was like my son can't fall in love but then Aphrodite showed me the live dance video in the infirmary and -"

              "Dad!"
              "Okay but you get my point!"

Nico tried to clear his mind, "But what was that? The hissing voice and yellow smoke?"
              He could see hades' face tensed up, "probably nothing serious"

              He didn't push him. It was his luck hades saved him and he probably should stay low for the next few years. "Why am I floating? What is this place?"
             "Oh, I'm not really here. You're just dreaming. You'll be waking soon."

Hades frowned, "Anyway I should go now"
                                 "Yeah." He waited for a second and said "Thanks, dad. I never thought...I prayed to you cause I didn't have any other options but I never thought you're gonna help us. So yeah. Thanks."
                               In reply, the god of the dead just smiled.

Vote and Comment! Favourite ship in riordanverse?
What do you think mine is?