Chapter 18

Will's PoV

The campfire went just like I imagined. We trash-talked about our shitty godly parents, sang offensive songs and ate a harmful amount of cheese. In the end, Percy gave a whole ass speech making us laugh and cry at the same time and soon, we were sobbing our hearts out hugging him and Annabeth, wishing best of luck to a whole new journey. 

At least the older campers were, to the newbies, it was just another regular campfire with two older demigods graduating. 

When I was enjoying my marshmallows, someone whispered next to me, "Your hair is beautiful and I wish I could kiss you on your perfect lips"

My heart fluttered uncontrollably and I turned towards the origin of the voice. Immediately my smile dissipated.

"Harley?? What the fuck dude?"

"What?" he asked innocently.

"Why are you telling me that? You are like 6! Hello age difference?!"

He pushed his weird sunglasses up his head, "First of all I'm 9"

"Same difference!"

"And second" he chose to ignore me, "It's what your boyfriend told you. When you were dancing in the infirmary. I told you I know Latin, remember?"

"ye-yes" I stuttered, still processing the fact that the son of hades could be this romantic, "He told me that?"

"Yup. cause nobody else would" He started to walk away.

"Hey!" I complained.

"You're welcome!" he screamed back. oh well.

I focused on my marshmallow not trying to be super happy but also failing at that. Damn I really did fell hard for him.

I legit died when Nico suddenly came up to me and snuggled closer, my arm went around his waist automatically. A scream of EVERYONEs WATCHING!! died in my throat. Let them watch.
"I figured it out" He whispered.

"Figured out what?"

"The thing that Piper was telling me in the middle of the game" He replied smiling shyly, "Solangelo"

"Ohh," I said, choosing my next words carefully, "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" He said and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding, "Me too"

"I also know what a ship means now"

"You do? Has Drew been teaching you stuff?"

"maybe...?" He replied. His brown eyes boring into mine as he touched my hair softly with his cold, nimble fingers.

"I love your hair. It's so soft...and golden. You're like a little rechargeable lamp"

I scoffed at his compliment. Gods, I don't know how much of his romantic words I could bear without having a heart attack.

"What?" he asked being slightly annoyed.

"Nothing" I replied, "You are small and sweet and like an adorable kitten" making his cheeks go pink.

"Sorry to interrupt but you guys are so gay!" Kayla sat next to me. 

She asked casually, "So...is it official now? You guys dating?"

I turned towards Nico. I couldn't say anything unless he was comfortable enough to share his sexuality out in the open. To my surprise, he nodded smilingly.

"Yes but don't tell anyone yet," I said.

"Oh don't worry!" Kayla said cheekily, "Everyone already knows!"

"They do?" Nico asked, "how?" and before I could say something Kayla stood up on the bench and screamed, "Hey my fam! Do you guys know about Solangelo?"

And the next thing I knew, Nico and I were carried away by the crowd of campers. They took us outside, still close enough to intertwine our fingers and my refusal died in their cheers. It didn't take long before we were dumped into the canoe lake. Clarisse was gone but you can find her little traditions everywhere.

While we were under the water, making small bubbles, I chose not to waste the time and kiss Nico pulling him closer by the waist. He kissed me back immediately while our friends were above, waiting for us to come up.

It wasn't the best underwater kiss of all times, but it was close. Because you gotta come up for air when you are not the son of Poseidon...

Ok I take it back. THIS CHAPTER IS MY FAVOURITE SO FAR. Just another chapter left. I'll update it tomorrow. Vote, Comment and Share!

Who do you think is the biggest cinnamon roll out of the 7?

Also, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! you are valid af and don't you dare forget it! I'm always here if you need to talk:) Love you!