chapter 14

Nico's PoV

Nico rested his eyes when the dawn was breaking for what he thought one minute and he faced insane dreams within that.

It started with where he left off 3 nights ago when Minos told him what consequences he will face if he kept letting people in.
"Who are you talking about?" He tried to scream but barely managed a whisper.
"You know" that creepy laugh. He thought about Will and how his laughter could enlighten any room with blinding light and happiness and how he was completely opposite from the monster in front of him. He wished he could've brought Will in his dreams, it's impossible, but our heart can't be convinced, can it?

"Bianca....?" Even saying her name opened so many raw wounds. 
Minos leaned forward and Nico shrieked backwards, "You're just a dream. You don't control me cause YOU ARE DEAD"
"Or...am I? I live in your mind Nico DiAngelo. I cannot die until you die. Some beings don't really die, do they? Some live forever within our hearts, mind and memories. Think of me as one of them"
Now, Minos started getting bigger and darker. Like the shadow of a person who's going farther and farther away from a lamp-post. Like their shadow when they were on the streets of Italy, going to the "Moonlight's kiss" except, Minos was evil.
Yes, evil. That one word describes him perfectly.

He saw him getting bigger and engulfing everything, everyone he cared about. His mom, Bianca, Percy, the camp, Will and...lastly it started chasing Hazel. He screamed and ran towards her. "Stop this!" he desperately screamed.

"Oh, I can be much more powerful, Nico. But you don't want that right? I know you don't"
"Don't.....I....can't....please...dream" He was panting and couldn't form a complete sentence. 

Someone was shaking him. But he couldn't open his eyes, he couldn't leave this horrible dream. Only then he realized, it was a part of his life. Part of the real world full of darkness and terror. Hatred and disgust. 

"You gotta be careful in choosing friends Nico. You don't want them to die with you"

die with you

die.....

die.....

"Nico!"
A pair of anxious blue eyes greeted him when he jolted back to the real world and was immediately pulled into a hug.
"Oh thank the gods" 
"Will, Where....am I?"
"uh....still in Italy if you're wondering about that. But what happened?" He guessed he screamed in his sleep and that's why Will was looking so uneasy.
"Nothing.....die.....just....die with you....dream. Bad dreams" 

He nodded as he guessed it before. "You wanna talk about it?"
"No. I'm fine" He tried to drop it. "And yes, I'm sure" he stated when he saw Will was about to say something.

He smiled. "Okay then"

Nico stood up, restlessly saying, "I wanna go back"
"Now?" Will asked, "Nico I'm not sure if have enough strength to travel all the way back, taking me," He said gently.
"Me neither. But- I have a bad feeling about camp half-blood. I need to get there and see what's wrong"

Will tried to convince him and Nico knew that he was only trying to help. But he was determined. At last, they stood in front of each other, hand in hand, blue eyes against brown ones. 
"Ready?" Nico asked, his heart hammering against his ribcage.
"Yeah" He replied with a glint of amusement, "Don't worry, if you can't I can always kiss you and you'll faint again hopefully-"
"Okay we're outta here" He cut him off and closed his eyes.

They disappeared into the shadows of morning light.

When Nico opened his eyes they were standing on top of a bunk bed in cabin 3, facing the sea. His eyes roam around the room but there wasn't anyone.

"Reminds me of the blue birthday cake" someone's voice was heard.
"Me too. Let's cut it in the pavilion again" hmm it sounds familiar.
He detected Percy and Annabeth's voices but they were nowhere to be seen. 
"Gods" Will groaned beside him, "I can never get used to it"

His eyes were closing as well from the stress from the last few days, he leaned over Will who was already on the edge of the bed. It resulted in making them both fall on the ground, hard. He heard Percy and Annabeth screaming from the bed below and he said, "Oh, there you guys are!" before passing out. 

Vote and Comment! Be honest, how many hours do you guys spend on Wattpad?