"Where did they go...?"

I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING LATE TO THIS UPDATE!!! WE'RE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT THE FACT IT'S A DAY AWAY FROM AUGUST!!! I LEFT YOU ALL THINKING THE BOOK WAS DONE!!! FYI, it's not-

OKAY HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS REALLY LATE CHAPTER!!!________________________________________

Tikki and Plagg had flown Mari back to the fortress. She had fallen asleep in her mother's arms on the way back, and her parents looked down at her fondly. They entered the building and walked towards the bedroom, laying Mari gently on the bed and covering her with the blanket. They both kissed her forehead and left the room aglow with soft butterfly lights strung around the room.

"Goodnight, Marebear."

"Goodnight, sweetie."

Tikki and Plagg exited the room and walked to their own. They laid beside each other and closed their eyes, falling into a blissful sleep having known their baby was safe and sound back in their lives.

____________

"You'll be fine, baby," Tikki reassured Marinette, placing a soothing hand on her shoulder as the blunette finished putting on a pastel pink oversized hoodie.

"A-Are you sure? What if they h-hurt me?" Mari stuttered, her face expressing hesitation and fear as she picked out black leggings and Demonia platform boots with buckles that end just under her knees.

"We'll be with you the whole way, Marebear. We won't let them hurt you," Plagg said determinedly. He was leaning against the doorframe to her room, facing the living room so he could give his daughter privacy and reassurance.

The miraculous family (lol jokes :D) was discussing the Dupain-Cheng family. Marinette was afraid that if she went back to the bakery, Sabine and Tom would harm her for running away. She knew they would as soon as she returned. Her mom and dad were trying to reassure her that everything would be okay.

They will always protect their little bug.

"...Okay," Mari reluctantly agreed, her face still twisting with nerves as she bit her lip. She finished buckling the boots on and stood up, her height now reaching that of Tikki's.

She walked slowly out of the room, Plagg in front of her and Tikki behind her. She felt safer sandwiched between her parents. She relaxed slightly, even more so when Plagg picked her up as soon as they left the fortress and flew in the direction of Paris. She took deep breaths and leaned her head against her father's chest, listening to the soothing beat of the cat's heart.

"I love you."

Plagg glanced down and smiled immediately upon hearing his daughter's whispered words. Her eyes were gently closed, her face peaceful as they flew carefully around the trees in their path.

The two gods landed just outside of the citizens' view of them, then casually walked past them and towards the bakery.

Marinette could feel her heart racing faster and faster the closer they got to the bakery. The three of them slowed to a stop right in front of the bakery door. The little bluenette took several slow, deep breaths before gathering the courage to open the door. The bell above the door sounded out a 'ding!' when the door swung open to hit it. Mari flinched, then gathered herself and looked up at the inside of the bakery.

Disbelief hit her.

The bakery was empty.

Like, cleared of all pastries and ingredients and decorations empty.

"What the...?" Mari whispered, slowly walking further into the bakery, her parents trailing behind her as she took everything in.

"Where are they?" She heard the voice of her father murmur behind her to her mom. She paid them no mind, treading towards the door leading to the stairs of her apartment above the bakery.